X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• johnsmith0774
    started a topic Online estate agents?

Online estate agents?

I’m thinking of using an online estate agent to advertise my buy to let. What are people’s thoughts about using them? Are they any good or are regular high street estate agents better? Thanks in advance

• johnsmith0774
    replied
    Thanks. I have used urban.co.uk but have had no enquires. I put an advert on gumtree and had 3 responses in a day.

Leave a comment:

• Marty115
    replied
    I have never used a high street agent but i have used Upad a number of times. In a nutshell they are great you design your ad online and they put it up for you. I have it set so when someone enquires you get a text and an email to notify of their name and number. You can then use this to arrange your viewings which so i do in bulk time slots.

One issue i have with Upad is they like to remove it off rightmove every chance they get, for example they send you emails stating it will be removed in 48 hours, when it reaches 50 enquiries and when you put someone through their referencing. That being said a quick call to their customer services and it will be re added back online.

Best of luck,
    Marty

Leave a comment:

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Sole Agent Query
    annam222
    Hi all,

I signed terms and conditions with an estate agent that I would use them as the sole agent for 8 weeks. They don't seem to be getting as much interest as I had hoped (I have dropped the price).
    I know I break the terms if I use another estate agent so that is not an option-...
    03-07-2019, 11:58 AM
  • Reply to Sole Agent Query
    security2
    Only the terms and conditions that you signed will be able to tell you that. Have a read of them again and see.
    18-07-2019, 19:58 PM
  • Letting agent removed property
    Endlessnine3
    Not sure if this is in the right place

My bro got arrested and remanded in custody and within a week his letting agent emptied his room of all his property ie TV sofa clothes ect
    When I questioned him he said there had been a burglary and everything was taken he then said all the...
    20-05-2019, 21:45 PM
  • Reply to Letting agent removed property
    Jon66
    Pretty awful letting agents. Hope you get redress.
    10-07-2019, 19:56 PM
  • Lease Renewal Fee
    MaxStrong
    Hi,

I’m a novice landlord based in Scotland. My letting agent charges me 12.5% and every 6 months I had a flat rate lease renewal fee of £80.

With fairly recent changes to do away with Short Term Tenancies, I understand they cannot charge a lease renewal fee as they don’t...
    09-07-2019, 20:26 PM
  • Reply to Lease Renewal Fee
    jpkeates
    Have a look at the company accounts or google them to see if they make any finance based announcements.
    That'll give you some idea how profitable their business is.

Part of the issue with letting agents is that good ones are difficult to find and doing the job well is much more expensive...
    10-07-2019, 08:40 AM
  • Reply to Letting agent removed property
    Endlessnine3
    Last one got taken down because {Mod - name removed} didn't like that the address of his office was on it so here it is again

{Mod - Video link removed}
    09-07-2019, 17:45 PM
  • Jupix dashboard help
    Taiko
    Hi all,
    Hoping you could help me, anyone know how to find my Jupix 'passphrase'?

Its the unique URL that my branch uses to upload my properties to portals. I need it to link to a plugin for a new website and I can't find it anywhere
    Any help on where on my dashboard to find...
    09-07-2019, 10:35 AM
  • Reply to Jupix dashboard help
    ash72
    Contact the software company themselves, you would get the right answer from them rather than this forum.
    09-07-2019, 16:23 PM
  • Property Ombudsman
    M Clavell
    My disputes with my letting agent re payments and application of the TFA now seem likely to go to the next stage, I.e. the TPO or legal action. I would be interested to hear the experiences of landlords who’ve been down the TPO route, i.e. length of time for resolution (TPO quote 3-4 months), apparent...
    03-07-2019, 17:03 PM
Working...
X