Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Malgovert
    replied
    The agent deducted the money directly from the incoming rent before paying to me what was left over. That’s how I noticed it, just because the rental payment was so low I went and checked the statement. I never received notification re commencement or completion of the work, no quote, no invoice.

Leave a comment:

• jpkeates
    replied
    Who have you received the invoice from, the agent or the contractor?

Leave a comment:

• Malgovert
    replied
    The last point in the formal tenancy agreement is:

“The Landlord agrees to repair the skirting board around the kitchen and install a curtain rail at the Landlord’s cost” - no ambiguity there that I can see

The T&Cs say that the agent reserves the right to carry out any work up to the value of £250, and to any value where works are required to comply with a statutory notice issued by the local authorities, or to comply with any obligation relating to any licence held for the property under the Housing Act 2004 - none of which apply here. In any other case they say they will secure permission from the Landlord before proceeding.

Leave a comment:

• theartfullodger
    replied
    Doubt such agreement was party of any formal tenancy agreement. Where/how was it agreed --eg email?

Check the wording , I suspect you agreed to it ".....being Done...." - or similar wording - rather than specifically you arranging it yourself, specifically not being arranged by agent.

My agent often asks if I agree to something being done, almost always being done by their contractors.

Leave a comment:

• jpkeates
    replied
    Works over £1000 12% (10% + VAT) of invoice total
    Our vetted contractor may pay a referral fee to [us]. The fee paid will be included within the contractor's invoice and could be up to 25% of the total invoice amount depending on the service provided, the details of which are available on request. This does not affect the final amount you pay.

Leave a comment:

• jpkeates
    replied
    Please edit the question to remove the actual agent's name.

What does your agreement with the agent say about decoration and maintenance?

Leave a comment:

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X