cityrooms.com any good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cityrooms.com any good?

Newbie here, Just moving to a new residential property and planning to let current property. Got a call from a agent saying representing a cooperate client and it was actually cityrooms who were his client. They had a look at property and said will look to make offer soon and did the normal selling expected. anyone have advice/experience on if cityrooms is a good option to have as tenant? Basically they rent from you and then rent to others mainly room basis. they do sign 2-5 year contracts with rent guaranteed it seems.

Walk away............
    Is it your own house or a flat with a lease.
    If lease, you may have problems.

Comment

It is my own house, freehold. Any reason to walk away? I know they will have to offer bit less to market price as the middle man. but the guaranteed rent for 2-5 yrs seems attractive.

Comment

The forum rules don't allow people to make recommendations about specific agents.

However, the consensus appears to be that all rent to rent agreements need to be avoided like the plague.

Comment

They're a company running a business.
          If their business model benefitted landlords, they'd be landlords.

It looks like a great business, but what do they need you for?

Ask them that next time they call.
          All you are is a cost to them (unlike owning a property that's an asset with a value).
          When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
          Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Originally posted by lbrent View Post
            It is my own house, freehold. Any reason to walk away? I know they will have to offer bit less to market price as the middle man. but the guaranteed rent for 2-5 yrs seems attractive.
            The guaranteed rent comes from them charging the going rent, and giving you less. so why not let at the market rent through an agent, on standard one year a.s.t's.

Seems you want to fill each bedroom with a tenant, and that may make the property an H.M.O. ( house in multiple occupation ) for which it's too easy to not know about. ( research it )

Comment

Generally Rent to Rent is a bad idea in many ways. At least in this specific case, the company in question isn't brand new with no assets. They have been around for a while and last I checked (though that were a while back) they were doing fairly well for themselves.

Now from personal experiences of dealing with them from the tenant side...... $%^&*(). I think I'll get banned from this forum if i put it down in actual words!
              I am not a lawyer, nor am I licensed to provide any regulated advice. None of my posts should be treated as legal or financial advice.

I do not answer questions through private messages which should be posted publicly on the forum.

Comment

ok the consensus in clear, thanks all for taking time to give your thoughts.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Landlord has changed Letting agency
                  by doobrey
                  'Need to' because you want to, or because they are asking you to?

A new tenancy is different from an ID check and some data gathering (which seem fairly harmless and may be well-intentioned). A new tenancy is not necessary. Only sign a new agreement if you want one....
                  08-12-2021, 10:24 AM
                • Landlord has changed Letting agency
                  by Yellow40
                  Hi Looking for some help as for some reason this has my Anxiety through the roof, I have lived in the same private landlord in the same property for 7 years, They have now decided to go with a lettings agency who have contacted me today as i need to sign a new lease and complete an application form...
                  07-12-2021, 14:50 PM
                  by jpkeates
                  Hi, again, welcome.

Just tell the agency that you do not wish to sign a new lease thank you very much, nor do you wish to complete an application form for your home.

My guess is that the application form is part of a rental guarantee insurance that the agent have offered the...
                  07-12-2021, 18:02 PM
                  by Yellow40
                  Thank you so much for your reply, It seem odd to me, Appreciate your time....
                  07-12-2021, 16:31 PM
                  by theartfullodger
                  That the agent or indeed landlord changes does not mean you need to sign or otherwise agree to a new tenancy agreement. Nor any changes to the tenancy agreement. Nor any application form, nor supply ID. (PS You might ask agent first for proof of ID: That'll surprise them, but clearly they think it's...
                  07-12-2021, 16:20 PM
                  by doobrey
                  There are plenty of valid reasons why the landlord may have changed agent. I have done it myself. The outgoing agent could be closing down, putting their charges up. Or they may just have been judged not to be very good at their job.

The new agent is right (and obliged) to check that you...
                  07-12-2021, 16:09 PM
                • Reply to Letting Agent asking for commission of I renew tenants privately
                  by jpkeates
                  It depends on the terms of your agreement with them.
                  My agreement with my letting agent wouldn't allow them to do that in anticipation of me owing them money, only if I actually owe them money.
                  05-12-2021, 10:49 AM
                • Letting Agent asking for commission of I renew tenants privately
                  by meyou5ick
                  Dear all,

I was letting my place to tenants that were sourced by this estate agent. The estate agent however misrepresented myself and misled the tenants about what's included in the monthly rental cost. The tenant had complained to the agent however, I had to pay for 6 months of services...
                  29-11-2021, 16:04 PM
                • Reply to Letting Agent asking for commission of I renew tenants privately
                  by meyou5ick
                  They have now withheld my rental payment (last one of this contract) because they think I won't pay them once I go private contract from next month. They surely cannot hold my rent just because they think I'll not pay after the end of tenancy if I plan to keep the tenants?...
                  04-12-2021, 17:52 PM
                • Letting agent merged with another
                  by Aly
                  Hi all , I have been with my letting agent and had the same tenant for 9 years , this week I was notified that my old letting agent had merged basically sold out to a new letting agent , they gave no notice and no option to opt out from them , I said I didn't want to merge with them as we were going...
                  03-12-2021, 21:02 PM
                Working...
                X