Fees

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fees

Would I be charged a fee if I cancel a letting agent contract before they find me a tennant, For viewings and advertising the property?

The contract was signed online and states I have 14 days to cancel.
    Thanks
    Dino

It depends what the terms of the contract are.
    If they've done some work for you, they're likely to want to be paid something.
    When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
    Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Can I rent out my leasehold flat?
      bonnyb1
      Hello,

I am having lots of problems in extending a lease on my flat at the moment (66 years left) so thinking of renting it out for a year while I go through the section 42/tribunal route but not sure if I am allowed.

I am going to to put some of the wording I have found within...
      11-10-2018, 16:35 PM
    • Reply to Can I rent out my leasehold flat?
      bonnyb1
      thank you for your reply
      12-10-2018, 11:50 AM
    • estate agents phone system query
      HP mum
      Very bizarre question here.
      I normally withhold my mobile number - especially when calling estate agents as I don't want them constantly then hounding me.
      That was exactly the case when I rang one estate agent recently - the one that we all love to hate!
      Yet, the receptionist said...
      02-10-2018, 13:37 PM
    • Reply to estate agents phone system query
      HP mum
      A receptionist would not know the sound of my voice nor would they have any 'normal' way of knowing who I am. My mobile contract allows me to withhold my number. Their system clearly has had something done to it!! Interesting?
      12-10-2018, 11:30 AM
    • Reply to Can I rent out my leasehold flat?
      leaseholder64
      Clause (3) is confusing, as seems to be a covenant by the lessor in a part of the lease defining a lessee's covenant.

Providing the rent is high enough (which it will be unless the rest of the lease is weird), you can sub-let to a single family, for the next 59 years. After that, you...
      11-10-2018, 17:46 PM
    • Fees
      Dino
      Would I be charged a fee if I cancel a letting agent contract before they find me a tennant, For viewings and advertising the property?

The contract was signed online and states I have 14 days to cancel.
      Thanks
      Dino...
      11-10-2018, 10:02 AM
    • Reply to Fees
      jpkeates
      It depends what the terms of the contract are.
      If they've done some work for you, they're likely to want to be paid something.
      11-10-2018, 13:20 PM
    • How long is a contract valid?
      37eeyore
      I rent out two properties and use the same agent for both. I started renting property A in 2010 and am on the third set of tenants. The current tenants have been in there for five years. Property B has only had one set of tenants who have been in for four years. The tenants in property B were due to...
      10-10-2018, 13:16 PM
    • Reply to How long is a contract valid?
      37eeyore
      I had looked at the contract again and came to the same conclusion. I don't think it would cover property B but that doesn't really matter now.

Part 4 of the termination clause seems to say that even if I cancel, I still have to pay if the tenant stays in the property.

The...
      11-10-2018, 10:02 AM
    • Reply to How long is a contract valid?
      jpkeates
      As a general principle, an agent is not allowed to make money from their principle's assets or property.
      The interest or commission would automatically be the principles.
      Whether or not it's a pain doesn't change that (the sensible thing to do would be to keep the money in a non-interest...
      11-10-2018, 09:48 AM
    Working...
    X