Fees

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fees

Would I be charged a fee if I cancel a letting agent contract before they find me a tennant, For viewings and advertising the property?

The contract was signed online and states I have 14 days to cancel.
    Thanks
    Dino

It depends what the terms of the contract are.
    If they've done some work for you, they're likely to want to be paid something.
    When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
    Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• rip off contractor send out by letting agent.
      Accidental_LI_LL
      Hopefully I can keep a long & boring story short....

My tenants reported an issue with a leaking washing machine while I was away on holiday, the letting agent got in contact and asked if I was happy to approve one of their contractors being sent out - at this point I agreed making...
      12-12-2018, 17:50 PM
    • Reply to rip off contractor send out by letting agent.
      eagle2
      I would make a formal complaint to the agent. If they are using one of their approved contractors, they should be able to obtain further details of the work carried out by the contractor. You can ask the agent what steps they took to verify that the invoice was valid before authorising it for payment....
      13-12-2018, 20:58 PM
      jpkeates
      Who is charging you for the work?

If it's the letting agent charging you having paid the plumber already, dispute the invoice from the letting agent.
      I appreciate that they've probably deducted the cost from the rent that they pass on, but that's not the end of the issue.
      The...
      13-12-2018, 09:56 AM
      Jon66
      Manage the property yourself. We do this with ours. Providing you have your own tradesmen on whom you can call, being 2000 miles away isn't a problem.
      13-12-2018, 00:52 AM
      Accidental_LI_LL
      My gut feeling is that this could have happened with pretty much every letting agent? So better the devil you know! I'd also prefer to deal with this as an individual issue with the current agent, but I've got literally no knowledge of any best practices for letting agents managing 3rd part contr...
      12-12-2018, 19:35 PM
      JK0
      I think I'd be finding a new letting agent in future.
      12-12-2018, 18:02 PM
    • Changing agents and paperwork
      johnson13
      Hi all,

I had some properties with an agency who sold out to another company. I was approached by two of the staff of the old company who have set up their own business in competition.

Because I've had a good relationship with the two of them and I have no obligation to the...
      11-12-2018, 08:33 AM
    • Reply to Changing agents and paperwork
      theartfullodger
      Think they'll magically find the documents went missing before they took over.

You may have serious problems trying to evict tenant without paperwork, In your shoes I'd offer tenant a new tenancy, plus all paperwork, at a slightly reduced rent (so they are keen to sign...): So everything...
      12-12-2018, 15:50 PM
    • Reply to Changing agents and paperwork
      Welshie
      Ask them if they have reported the data breach to the ICO. Under new GDPR, they are supposed to notify the ICO within 72 hours.

Since it's your data they've lost, tell them you'll also report the incident to the ICO. They'll probably magically reappear.
      12-12-2018, 14:35 PM
    • Estate agent not giving rent contracts
      Nicolas10
      He seems to be something of a strange estate agent because he is refusing to give us the rental contracts for two different sets of tenants he found for us for two different properties. One lot moved in during February 2018 and the other lot during June 2018. I can't understand his motives for being...
      05-11-2018, 19:44 PM
    Working...
    X