Letting agency fees - tenancy to continue periodic

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RedHitman View Post
    They’re all crooks. I’ve never met a good agent worth their money.
    shame. I employ two who are definitely worth their money and definitely not crooks.

Comment

Originally posted by tatemono View Post
      shame. I employ two who are definitely worth their money and definitely not crooks.
      It is.
      Tried three different agencies and all three were not only incompetent, but lied (which cost me) about works supposedly carried out.
      Sadly put a very sour taste in my mouth and I’ll never trust one again.

Comment

Originally posted by HantsAgent View Post

You are the only constant in 100% of your failed relationships.
        Another thing that is 100%, is that I am going to use this quote at any opportunity I have in the future. Fantastic

Comment

In response to the original question, can't you just advise the LA you will now be collecting the money yourself?

I struggle to understand why anyone pays a fee for an LA just to collect rent and pass it on, happy to see a reason though, there must be one

Comment

Originally posted by duckandcover1 View Post
            In response to the original question, can't you just advise the LA you will now be collecting the money yourself?

I struggle to understand why anyone pays a fee for an LA just to collect rent and pass it on, happy to see a reason though, there must be one
            I think (although I may be wrong) that if an agent is collecting the rent, they may offer some sort of rent guarantee policy as part of the deal. The I've agent I use does that. They may also manage the deposit, issue compliant paperwork etc.

Yes, I know you can get your own rent guarantee policy for next to peanuts, but to the accidental landlord, some of the services can be invaluable in a daunting minefield of legislation.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
            X