Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with MBA dissertation on tenants and landlords

Hello,
    I'm looking for help on behalf of my husband who is currently researching for his MBA at the University of Strathclyde.
    If you currently rent accommodation or have in the past rented private accommodation I'd be grateful if you could complete his survey on the viability of a new style of letting service, where tenants and landlords rate each other (AirBnB style), and where tenants and landlords can bid for each other (Ebay style), to secure a more favourable rental price.
    The survey should take only 15 minutes to complete. Your help is greatly appreciated.
    https://bit.ly/2M7a2Q8

Best of luck to your husband, I’ve completed it, but I think he’s asking a lot of the wrong questions.

It’s an interesting concept, but I think the fundamental problem is how long it’ll take to get off the ground.

It will take a tenant or landlord a minimum of 5 years to become a “super-user” (and, more likely 10-15 years).

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Agent vs Open Rent
      by annam222
      Hello all,
      I wondered if anyone could give me some advice please.
      Tenants who have been renting my one bed flat for the past three years have just given notice that they will be moving out. I have used a local agent on a ‘let & rent collection’ basis which has worked well but they...
      20-06-2022, 20:07 PM
    • Reply to Agent vs Open Rent
      by Beswick
      I've used it twice, no complaints from me. However, I haven't used it since 2019 so things might have changed.

From memory, when the prospective tenant clicks the 'Rent Now' button, you have to click to accept them as a tenant to start the process.

Both times, when I told...
      29-06-2022, 11:51 AM
      by annam222
      Has anyone used the ‘rent now’ package and find it good? Can’t decide whether I should do this package or just advertising (ultimate) then pay for everything else on top after finding tenants I am happy with.
      29-06-2022, 07:22 AM
      by annam222
      boletus Thank you, that is what I am
      a little worried about- the flat is in London so expect there could be a lot of interest but possibly a high majority of them not be the tenants I am looking for.
      I would prefer to take my time talking to potential tenants and arranging viewings rather...
      28-06-2022, 20:28 PM
      by boletus
      I wouldn't use 'Rent Now'.

If I advertise a property today I'll get over 50 enquiries, the majority will be unsuitable.
      Most of those will want to rent now.
      Many will offer to rent sight unseen.
      Some will offer 6 month's rent upfront sight unseen.

Advertising...
      28-06-2022, 09:55 AM
      by annam222
      Thank you everyone so much. I have the advert ready to go live but will wait until Thursday/Friday to publish it. I am keen to use Open Rent for referencing but as suggested will also follow up each myself. Does anyone have a view on whether the Open Rent £29 'Ultimate Advertising' or £49 'Rent Now'...
      27-06-2022, 20:09 PM
    • Reply to Newbie needing serious advice!
      by Lawcruncher
      Conveyancers fall into two broad categories:

Good ones

Not so good ones

Those in either category can be solicitors, licensed conveyancers or chartered legal executives. Each of those do roughly the same amount of training and have studied the law needed...
      27-06-2022, 19:14 PM
    • Newbie needing serious advice!
      by steeveyboy64
      Hi All. I am very new to all of this and need some guidance. I am at the point where I am about to purchase a holiday letting chalet in Lincolnshire. Unfortunately the banana skin has been delivered in that the 3rd party solicitors are indicating that I can NOT use a 3rd party agent platform to advertised...
      26-06-2022, 14:15 PM
      by SouthernDave
      Lawcruncher gives good advice.
      interesting question, is your ‘solicitor’ actually a solicitor? Or are they some rubbish high street conveyancer?...
      27-06-2022, 18:11 PM
      by nukecad
      "No 3rd party letting agenrs approved" is not the same thing as 'no 3rd party agents allowed'.

So it depends on what you sign up to.whether you can use an "unapproved" 3rd party letting service or not.
      27-06-2022, 17:09 PM
    Working...
    X