How to submit evidence on Mcol?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to submit evidence on Mcol?

I submitted money claim via mcol because My formal LA withheld two and half months' rent. I did it online but couldn't find a place to submit my evidence. I am wondering if I need to submit evidence? if anyone here has mcol experience? How did you submit the evidence? Your help is very much appreciated. Thanks

The first step is only a brief summary statement of case which is word-limited (literally less than half a page). The evidence follows much later.

Comment

Thanks, AndrewDod. now 14 days passed that the LA did not respond. I have submitted a ccj. It said the court will let me know in 5 days if they issue the ccj or not. Is the court going to ask me for evidence or shall I looking for ways of submitting evidence?

Comment

Once the paperwork has been sent to the landlord, the landlord will have 14 days to respond with a defence and send it to the court, if they don't dispute the claim or raise a defence the judgement will be in your favour. Just out of interest, why are you going down this route, was the money not protected in a deposit scheme, if it was you should be following their process on retrieving the money back.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Taking over property management from agent due to 35% increase in fees
          LAE19
          Hi,

I would be interested to hear advice and experiences in taking over the management of a property from letting agent.

My tenants have been in my property for 4 years and have been managed by a letting agent for a set fee per month, in that 4 years I have done all safety...
          17-06-2019, 19:49 PM
        • Reply to Taking over property management from agent due to 35% increase in fees
          tatemono
          some people can't manage properties themselves. I've been overseas for the last 20 years. Managing properties yourself when you're over 3000 miles away is very tricky!
          24-06-2019, 09:35 AM
        • Letting Agents - Duty of Care
          kennyj52
          I'm wondering whether I have a case against my lettings agency in respect of the tenant they introduced to me who has turned out to have multiple outstanding CCJs, a prior eviction and is now 7 months in rent arrears. The lettings agency have been disappointing with the service they provided from the...
          09-12-2018, 22:35 PM
        • Reply to Letting Agents - Duty of Care
          tatemono
          The most valuable thing you can take away from this situation is to request all paperwork in advance of deciding on letting to an applicant. Had you requested the "actual report", you would have been able to determine the risk. Same goes for the guarantor paperwork and TA.

It's...
          24-06-2019, 09:23 AM
        • Was my Letting agent negligent?
          2006holly
          The things I’ve found they’ve done wrong :
          1. Didn’t verify tenants benefits income.
          2. May not have checked guarantor as I cannot find him at address given.
          3. Before I signed up told me any tenant on benefits would have to agree to direct payment to them. This wasn’t done...
          20-06-2019, 07:35 AM
        • Reply to Was my Letting agent negligent?
          tatemono
          Firstly, sorry to hear of your troubles. It's never easy when this stuff goes wrong.

There's a lot you could have done to prevent this. Firstly, using an agent means that you now have to manage the agent, instead of the tenant directly. You need to know what they should do and when and...
          24-06-2019, 09:19 AM
        • Property Photos - Who Owns Copyright?
          Bugledog
          I used an agent to let my flat earlier this year but have now decided to do it myself.

Can I use the images that they originally took of the property in my advert? Are they their copyright or do I own them as I paid for their full service and it's my property?

Appreciate...
          03-12-2013, 08:56 AM
        • Reply to Property Photos - Who Owns Copyright?
          tatemono
          I shoot photography commercially so I can confirm that your first sentence is correct.

I can also confirm that under no circumstances would I ever agree to the second sentence and have never been compelled to by anyone who has hired me to do so. While I retain copyright, the contract does...
          24-06-2019, 09:09 AM
        • Reply to Property Photos - Who Owns Copyright?
          vmart
          Ah yes, Lawcruncher, on your point I did write ‘I think’.

However after copyright expires I do know it is in the public domain so thinking about it my point must be wrong so thank you for highlighting this.

Of course, copyright can be inherited like any other asset.
          23-06-2019, 21:36 PM
        • Increase in letting agent fees - can they do this?
          nessa
          Hi Everyone

Just a quick question. I use a letting agent based in Wales and received a letter notifying me of an increase in fees as follows

’We put special emphasis on ensuring that you and your property are kept up-to-date and fully compliant, and this means it now costs...
          23-06-2019, 17:13 PM
        Working...
        X