How to submit evidence on Mcol?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to submit evidence on Mcol?

I submitted money claim via mcol because My formal LA withheld two and half months' rent. I did it online but couldn't find a place to submit my evidence. I am wondering if I need to submit evidence? if anyone here has mcol experience? How did you submit the evidence? Your help is very much appreciated. Thanks

The first step is only a brief summary statement of case which is word-limited (literally less than half a page). The evidence follows much later.

Comment

Thanks, AndrewDod. now 14 days passed that the LA did not respond. I have submitted a ccj. It said the court will let me know in 5 days if they issue the ccj or not. Is the court going to ask me for evidence or shall I looking for ways of submitting evidence?

Comment

Once the paperwork has been sent to the landlord, the landlord will have 14 days to respond with a defence and send it to the court, if they don't dispute the claim or raise a defence the judgement will be in your favour. Just out of interest, why are you going down this route, was the money not protected in a deposit scheme, if it was you should be following their process on retrieving the money back.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Letting Agents - what do you look for?
          HXRichmond
          New member here! I've been scouring the forum looking at everyone's thoughts on letting agents and there is a fairly mixed bag of comments from everyone, I've enjoyed reading the various experiences that people have had - both good & bad! It appears that the general consensus is that Letting Agents...
          07-08-2018, 12:50 PM
        • Reply to Letting Agents - what do you look for?
          tatemono
          same as HantsAgent for us too... and you wouldn't even have had to go out and buy the sealant so that would have saved you time....
          19-08-2018, 12:25 PM
        • Inspection apps
          jrsteeve
          I'm looking for recommendations from other agents for property inspections apps, to help speed up an automate the process. Currently we take photos and produce a pdf report, which has been this way for several years but is quite time consuming, so am hoping an app can help. We use Acquaint for our systems,...
          15-08-2018, 15:41 PM
        • Reply to Inspection apps
          HantsAgent
          In my last business my inventory clerk used Peach Software.

She thought it was pretty decent but the few times I tried to use it I didn’t find it particularly user friendly. I think that’s mainly because it’s only available on Android software and I’m used to Apple products.
          16-08-2018, 10:35 AM
        • Section 8 and part rent payment
          sharplearningcurve
          Tenant is in arrears section 8 was served by solicitor, tenant has paid some rent which means its not 8 weeks in arrears landlord wants to go to court against advise am i correct in saying that if when the court date arrives if he is less that 8 weeks in arrears it will be void? He seems to be paying...
          10-08-2018, 22:06 PM
        • Reply to Section 8 and part rent payment
          HantsAgent
          The tenant isn’t likely to be able to keep himself under the 8 week mark for long. At some point he’d have to pay the full rent at the correct level.
          16-08-2018, 07:11 AM
        • Terminate agent contract owing to rent arrears
          gokuldass
          The letting agent has been always been late in settling rents inspite of several calls a day. We are owed 3 months rent. There is no sign of the arrears being settled. The termination notice demands that i serve 2 months notice and if I keep the tenant i will have to pay 2500. I will lose 5 months rent....
          04-08-2018, 23:34 PM
        • Reply to Terminate agent contract owing to rent arrears
          HantsAgent
          Unfortunately I think you will find they disappear before you get a chance to take them to court.

Contact the tenant directly and explain everything. Take over management yourself and hope the tenant takes pity on you (IE. doesn’t start looking into whether the deposit was registered...
          16-08-2018, 06:56 AM
        • Reply to Terminate agent contract owing to rent arrears
          gokuldass
          I served a notice through solicitor. The agent denied owing me rents and offered to take us to courts to make us pay the fee....
          15-08-2018, 22:06 PM
        • Reply to Section 8 and part rent payment
          ash72
          How long until his fixed term contract expires? Serve S21, as with S8 there are more favourable towards the tenant, especially if the tenant is demonstrating that he is paying (even if it isn't the full amount). This could be easily challenged.
          15-08-2018, 21:40 PM
        Working...
        X