IRPM membership - con or benefit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IRPM membership - con or benefit

IRPM - I am thinking of joining but there is almost no information regarding the study commitment. I have been advised by IRPM I must pay £129 membership, £75 Admin, £380 for the Membership exam, £195 for the Membership exam workshop. There is no syllabus, no study materials, no advice on the time commitment that may be necessary or to advise the areas that will be tested. I have 10 years experience in the industry both management and accounting and I would like to take this step but £800 for entry to a membership without any information seems a bit steep. Does anyone have any advice? Is this as unreasonable as it sounds?

What is IRPM?

Comment

|What benefits of an IPRM qualification confer on OP?
      Are the stated costs worth it?

2 Qs OP could have determined before seeking advice of this Forum.

Comment

Comment

The IRPM is the Institute for Residential Property Management. "2 Qs OP could have determined before seeking advice of this Forum." Sadly this doesn't enlighten at all. What is the study commitment? What knowledge of what areas are examined in the exam? Where can I get a "syllabus" so that I can revise and make certain my investment pays off. What benefits have you derived?

Comment

Apologies I forgot to mention none of this information is available on the website ... thank you for the link. Nor is this available by phone.

Comment

I've never heard of the organisation, and (consequently) don't see any advantage in being a member.
              When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
              Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• letting agents mistake
                Jenny R
                I have had a house fully managed by a letting agent for 10 years, its on a periodic STA the tenancy agreement has a guarantor. The agents have made a lot of mistakes they asked me if I would do another tenancy agreement as the tenants wife has left. I said that I wouldn't when they told me that he...
                18-07-2018, 16:55 PM
              • Reply to letting agents mistake
                JK0
                No. Just write a letter yourself.
                19-07-2018, 06:13 AM
              • removing a faulty letting agent. Urgent
                yeahremy
                Hi everyone,

my estate agent failed to provide me a professional service through out tenancy.
                - They failed to send me all mandatory statement
                - They were supposed to store one of m’y bed and mattresss, looks like they put il last year in another flat which is not mine. Which...
                18-07-2018, 10:11 AM
              • Reply to removing a faulty letting agent. Urgent
                HantsAgent
                Without seeing your agreement with the agency it’s impossible to say for sure where you stand.

However, if the property is now empty then it’s pretty likely that your agreement with them is over, it’s unusual for an agent’s service to you to extend beyond the end of a tenancy (because...
                18-07-2018, 20:54 PM
                Jenny R
                Thank you for your reply, I will put them on notice. Does this need to be done by a solicitor ?
                18-07-2018, 18:37 PM
                JK0
                Not really. I would put them on notice that if tenant defaults on the rent, you will hold the agent responsible for any shortfall.
                18-07-2018, 17:05 PM
              • letting agency possible scam
                youngP
                Hello,

I was in an internship in London (remunerate. I think it is important saying it)), and the agency which rented me the room didn´t protected my deposit (802 pounds). I was in Fulham.

They say in the agreement i have a "permission of occupation" so they...
                17-07-2018, 10:57 AM
              • Reply to letting agency possible scam
                theartfullodger
                See Shelter website for compensation for unprotected deposit including draft letter. Start with than.
                17-07-2018, 13:16 PM
              • Reply to letting agency possible scam
                jpkeates
                That's not 100% guaranteed, but it is very likely that you had a tenancy, regardless of what the agreement actually said.

[QUOTE]I have a question about the shorthold agreements... The minimum for being it is of 6 months? Mine is of only 2 months ad one week./QUOTE]There's no minimum length....
                17-07-2018, 12:26 PM
              • How to submit evidence on Mcol?
                Gfl
                I submitted money claim via mcol because My formal LA withheld two and half months' rent. I did it online but couldn't find a place to submit my evidence. I am wondering if I need to submit evidence? if anyone here has mcol experience? How did you submit the evidence? Your help is very much appreciated....
                12-05-2018, 16:30 PM
              Working...
              X