IRPM membership - con or benefit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IRPM membership - con or benefit

IRPM - I am thinking of joining but there is almost no information regarding the study commitment. I have been advised by IRPM I must pay £129 membership, £75 Admin, £380 for the Membership exam, £195 for the Membership exam workshop. There is no syllabus, no study materials, no advice on the time commitment that may be necessary or to advise the areas that will be tested. I have 10 years experience in the industry both management and accounting and I would like to take this step but £800 for entry to a membership without any information seems a bit steep. Does anyone have any advice? Is this as unreasonable as it sounds?

What is IRPM?

Comment

|What benefits of an IPRM qualification confer on OP?
      Are the stated costs worth it?

2 Qs OP could have determined before seeking advice of this Forum.

Comment

Comment

The IRPM is the Institute for Residential Property Management. "2 Qs OP could have determined before seeking advice of this Forum." Sadly this doesn't enlighten at all. What is the study commitment? What knowledge of what areas are examined in the exam? Where can I get a "syllabus" so that I can revise and make certain my investment pays off. What benefits have you derived?

Comment

Apologies I forgot to mention none of this information is available on the website ... thank you for the link. Nor is this available by phone.

Comment

I've never heard of the organisation, and (consequently) don't see any advantage in being a member.
              When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
              Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
              X