Cheapest way to advertise on Rightmove?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheapest way to advertise on Rightmove?

Time to look for a new tenant for a flat, something that I haven't needed to do for some time. What is the current cheapest way to get an advert on rightmove? other than the advert I don't require any other estate agent services as I prefer to handle viewings and the paperwork myself.

We use OpenRent and it works well for us.

£30 (with a free trial as well to get on Rightmove and Zoopla.

https://www.openrent.co.uk/online-le...icing-and-fees

Comment

Thanks for the recommendation, looks like it suits our needs

Comment

Yeah private landlords can’t advertise on Rightmove. OpenRent seems to be the popular choice, although never used it myself.

Comment

Open rent for me aswell.
          "I'm afraid I didn't do enough background checks apart from checking her identity on Facebook" - ANON

What I say is based on my own experience and research - Please don't take as gospel without first checking the gospel yourself.

Comment

Used open rent for the first time this year, got a good response, and suitable applicant found within 2 weeks.

Comment

I recently used openrent and would definitely use it again. we do our own viewings etc aswell and it worked out fine, though I must admit that we selected a tenant who had seen our own gumtree advert LOL, but the responses from openrent process were really promising.

Comment

Not for me.

In my area, £20 referencing fee is not enough to deter pro rogue tenants.
                The tenant checks are not thorough enough for my standards.
                I don't like my properties appearing on the well known scam site- there is no opt out facility.
                I don't like the 'rent it now' facility.
                Too slow to get listed.
                Go to place for finding a mug private landlord direct.
                I don't think they understand the business. Bad tenants are ten-a-penny, the hard part is filtering them out.

All IMHO of course.

Comment

Originally posted by sam_cat View Post
                  We use OpenRent and it works well for us.

£30 (with a free trial as well to get on Rightmove and Zoopla.

https://www.openrent.co.uk/online-le...icing-and-fees
                  Thanks for the link.
                  Just to be pedantic, it is £29 and the free trial is for 5 days.

Comment

boletus,

I understand your concerns, we use tenant verify but don't solely rely on it, when I used openrent we didn't use/opt for the rent it now facility (I'm not sure how I did it as we've only used it once)

we then held two viewing days with about 10 potential tenants having filtered out at least another 10 purely on information provided and several by using facebook profiles of 'applicants' - when we were comfortable with a potential tenant, we then visited them at their current address, met the parents and did a bit of local digging re the family.

open rent and gumtree 'opened the door'; - we were very stringent about who we actually allowed in!

the process we use has worked well for us over the past four years, we never rush to get a tenant, we advertise well before the property is ready if its a refurb and we would rather have a month or so of an empty property between tenancies rather than rush into taking the first applicant,

so although I fully agree that filtering and selection is the key, you need to actually attract potential tenants in the first place and we find that open rent and gumtree does that quite well.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                    X