Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insurer rights take Possession damaged Property

Some Underwriters have this clause in the Policy Wording:

"We may enter any building where loss or damage has happened, take possession of the insured damaged property and deal with any salvage in a reasonable way"

Should any clause like this be legally based or increase the landlord risk in any way.

I can't answer specifically but it seems to me that any clause in an underwriter's policy which you sign up to when you take out insurance would be "legally based" under contract law.

What kind of risks are you envisaging?

Comment

That looks like a very standards clause. For portable property, it stops you gaining extra money by selling it on Ebay. I think it is mainly for things that can or will be removed, but they would also want complete control of the site during any major rebuilding work.

Comment

My Policy wording says:

'Following a claim you must allow us or anyone authorised by us
        a access to premises
        b to take possession of,
        or request delivery to us of any property insured'
        Policy is based on the contract you have signed.

"I'll be back."

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Fee for obtaining an insurance certificate?
          Landlord2018
          I recently requested an insurance certificate from the management company of a flat I am letting. They told me I need to pay their solicitor £29 to obtain it and I would need to appoint a solicitor to dispute the matter. There is nothing in the lease that covers the fee aside from the term that states...
          21-07-2018, 10:32 AM
        • Landlord insurance for leasehold property
          ghk2010
          The block is already insured by the management company but it seems like we need landlords insurance but only to cover public liability (if the tenant gets injured at the property and decides to claim) and also the ability to rehouse the tenant if the block suffered any damage and became inhabitable....
          11-07-2018, 10:59 AM
        • Reply to Landlord insurance for leasehold property
          ghk2010
          thanks for the replies
          19-07-2018, 11:12 AM
        • Types of insurance
          bengal
          Is there a difference between Residential propety owners insurance and landlord insurance?

Thanks
          13-07-2018, 10:07 AM
        • Reply to Types of insurance
          ashburnham
          "Landlords Insurance" covers residential or commercial let properties and "Residential Property Owners Insurance" covers any residential property whether owner occupied or let.

There is an overlap between the two definitions as both cover residential let properties,...
          17-07-2018, 10:24 AM
        • How to work out buildings sum insured on HMO's
          bengal
          How do you calculate buildings sum insured for HMO's please? and what are the consequences if you get it wrong - particularly if you over estimate?

Thanks
          13-07-2018, 10:15 AM
        • Reply to How to work out buildings sum insured on HMO's
          ashburnham
          I would always suggest a surveyor to give you the sum insured for insurance purposes. The calculator in above post is a good free alternative but must be only gives genrally guidance on rebuilding costs. Consequences of over estimating is that you may be overpaying on insurance premium. Consequences...
          17-07-2018, 10:05 AM
        • Shop with flying freehold Buildings Insurance question
          Howletts
          Hello

I have a small shop which is part of a bigger residential building. The residential building extends over the full shop. Can anyone recommend how I would get buildings insurance to protect against anything happening in my shop that may affect the property above or to the side? I know...
          12-07-2018, 19:16 PM
        • Reply to Shop with flying freehold Buildings Insurance question
          ashburnham
          Most buildings/contents insurance policies will include Property Owners Liability or Public Liability cover. If you are liable for any damage caused to adjacent properties or injury to third parties, this will provide the necessary cover. As always, check the cover is included and look out for any special...
          17-07-2018, 09:30 AM
        • Insurance admin charges
          skidder
          Just a quick question if anybody could answer please.

Are my freeholders allowed to charge an administration fee on top of the already extortionate insurance premium? There is nothing in my lease referring to this.

I have questioned it and they have quoted they want to be transparent...
          12-07-2018, 11:40 AM
        Working...
        X