X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Akiko
    started a topic Rent protection insurance

Rent protection insurance

I have been having difficulty to find a Rent Protection Insurance.
    Most insurers require to have professional tenant reference check.
    I rented the property but made my own reference checks.
    Does anyone know a suitable insurer?

• ashburnham
    replied
    We deal with two main companies for Rent Guarantee Insurance. They, like every other insurer it seems, require a credit reference from a reputable/professional credit reference agency. However, one of these companies does allow for full time employed working tenants ONLY to bypass this rule but a 4 point check is required.

The 4 point check requires (1) Identification from the tenant, containing a clear verified photograph, (2) Either a utility bill or a bank statement, (3) Credit check; clear of CCJ’s, bankruptcies & indicating confirmation of residency and (4) Confirmation of employment – a written employers’ reference on company letter headed paper confirming the tenant’s permanent and current employment and that their salary is at least a multiple of 2.5 of the tenant’s rent.

This is obviously specific to our insurer in question and I have no idea if other companies follow suit on this. I would suggest using the LandlordZONE Insurance Directory for further assistance.

Leave a comment:

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Damage to Ceiling
    jessa46
    I've notified my insurer about the partial ceiling collapse. I don't know if it's due to water damage or just that that part of the ceiling was wek. The building was built in 1880s. The repair bill is - £88 for initial clean up, £500 for repair. Rather than claim through my insurer, can I claim against...
    16-06-2019, 11:06 AM
  • Reply to Damage to Ceiling
    JK0
    But won't flat above have same policy as you?

Maybe you could ask them to pay the excess if any.
    16-06-2019, 17:15 PM
  • Balcony leak caused by a birds nest
    Dazvader
    First post. Please go easy folks.

Recently I awoke to a loud, rapid tapping noise. It turned out to be a leak in a bedroom from the flat above. The small balcony above had a birds nest over a drain and water had risen up in the small area, deep enough to rise over the flashing and was pouring...
    15-06-2019, 07:52 AM
  • Reply to Balcony leak caused by a birds nest
    Macromia
    Is it really "obvious appropriate checks were not made"?

If you were experiencing repeated leaks that were clearly a result of a single issue, and the leaseholder and/or resident of the flat above had been informed of the problem but not taken appropriate action, you might have...
    16-06-2019, 06:23 AM
    Dazvader
    Sorry I wasn’t clear. There have been 4 leaks in total. The washing machine instance is the 3rd one which hasn’t and the 4th is being dealt with by the managing agent.

I have read the link you mentioned, thanks for that. The sentence ‘A reasonable standard of behaviour would be to...
    15-06-2019, 11:10 AM
    leaseholder64
    You said t"The first two were sorted by him to an unimpressive standard"); that is compensating you.

People are only legally responsible to compensate you if they have been negligent, not just because they own the source of the problem. That means they have to have done something...
    15-06-2019, 10:43 AM
    Dazvader
    Lucky? They didn’t compensate me a penny. I’m confused. Why would they not be responsible? Sorry if this is something I should know about....
    15-06-2019, 10:29 AM
    leaseholder64
    You are lucky. The flat above did not need to compensate you for the washing machine leak at all. Only damage from the birds nest that happens after the relevant person was notified of the problem is their responsibility.
    15-06-2019, 10:20 AM
  • How can we get our block insured in this situation?
    michelle230
    I`m posting this on behalf of a friend. Could anyone advise? Thank you

"How's this for a dilema. Our Freeholder/Managing Agent arranges the buildings insurance, and the premium is paid by all the leaseholders paying their share. We duly pay our service charges which included the...
    30-05-2019, 18:03 PM
  • Reply to How can we get our block insured in this situation?
    Gordon999
    I suggest you contact the FCA and make complaint against the insurer and ask for the insured cover for the building to be re-instated .
    14-06-2019, 11:12 AM
Working...
X