Rent protection insurance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rent protection insurance

I have been having difficulty to find a Rent Protection Insurance.
    Most insurers require to have professional tenant reference check.
    I rented the property but made my own reference checks.
    Does anyone know a suitable insurer?

We deal with two main companies for Rent Guarantee Insurance. They, like every other insurer it seems, require a credit reference from a reputable/professional credit reference agency. However, one of these companies does allow for full time employed working tenants ONLY to bypass this rule but a 4 point check is required.

The 4 point check requires (1) Identification from the tenant, containing a clear verified photograph, (2) Either a utility bill or a bank statement, (3) Credit check; clear of CCJ’s, bankruptcies & indicating confirmation of residency and (4) Confirmation of employment – a written employers’ reference on company letter headed paper confirming the tenant’s permanent and current employment and that their salary is at least a multiple of 2.5 of the tenant’s rent.

This is obviously specific to our insurer in question and I have no idea if other companies follow suit on this. I would suggest using the LandlordZONE Insurance Directory for further assistance.
    Steve Smith - Company Director at a leading Landlord Insurance broker with 20+ years experience in the industry
    LandlordZONE Verified Poster and Topic Expert for Landlords Insurance since 2009
    See my profile for contact details

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
    X