HMO Insurance - Where to start?

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    HMO Insurance - Where to start?


    It's my first HMO and I haven't a clue what insurance to get or who to go with.

    I am also concerned by if for example someone injures themselves on the property. I.e fell down the stairs drunk etc.

    I have read about Property Owner's Liability Cover, is that the solution to the above?


    I have also just bought my first HMO. I was a bit surprised to find that for buildings insurance it doesn't seem to be considered significantly different from a non-HMO property. Insurer told me that if the tenants were all of the same type (i.e. all students or all working) I didn't have to specify that it was an HMO.

    As regards liability, my view would be that we should be covered by taking standard 'good practice' precautions (i.e. comply with the HMO regs, get the electrics checked, get a gas safety certificate, etc.)
    There is a fine line between irony and stupidity. If I say something absurd please assume that I am being facetious.


      'phone up a few of the insurance advertisers on this site - they should be able to guide you,,,
      I am legally unqualified: If you need to rely on advice check it with a suitable authority - eg a solicitor specialising in landlord/tenant law...


      Latest Activity