Insurance type?

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Insurance type?


    I have buildings Insurance via a block policy,the house I let out is unfurnished but has appliances fixtures and fittings.This is the only insurance I have ever had since rented in 1988. I have rent cover insurance via letting agents as well.

    So what other type of insurance do I need for a property that is let out, not foggeting cover for tenant damage and loss?


    Does the block policy cover Property Owners Liability.

    The loss of rent cover from you agent will cover non payment by the tenant but what about loss of rent following a fire or water damage etc.

    If the block policy is designed to cover BTL props then your probably OK but you should check policy.

    You may also wish to cover the contents.


    Latest Activity


    • Reply to Unoccupied Property Insurance
      by ifallelsefails
      I've looked at unoccupied insurance a lot and I found that the most comprehensive insurer and least burdensome out there was from Alan Blunden Insurance Brokers (they run the "ABACUS" system which allows other insurance brokers to insure through them too).
      You can go to Cover4LetProperty...
      22-01-2022, 22:27 PM
    • Unoccupied Property Insurance
      by Marcus Read
      Every landlord has void periods, and I have one now. I would like to insure for the obvious risks, such as unauthorised occupants (squatters), malicious damage, etc. But whenever I've looked into this, insurers say they will only offer 'FLEEA' insurance (fire, lightning, explosion, earthquake, aircraft)...
      24-12-2021, 10:56 AM
    • Can I get property owner's liability insurance on its own for a house?
      by JamesHopeful
      Is it possible to obtain property owner's liability on its own for a house?

      I realise that it is normally purchased as part of a buildings insurance policy. However, there are some circumstances where buildings insurance may not seem necessary (e.g. for a house which will soon be demolished,...
      20-01-2022, 10:51 AM
    • Reply to Can I get property owner's liability insurance on its own for a house?
      by ifallelsefails
      You probably want to look at something like renovation insurance, Home Protect offer it with public liability insurance:
      22-01-2022, 22:08 PM
    • Ensuring Insurance
      by AVJ113
      Looks like I'm going to get my first rental property. I will be getting a BTL mortgage for a small, very cheap house, possibly with a sitting tenant. What minimum insurance do I need legally; what do you advise on top of that, and who is the best provider of such insurance?
      22-01-2022, 18:05 PM
    • Reply to Ensuring Insurance
      by theartfullodger
      None legally, but very very likely the mortgage will require it. Check exact requirements.

      And when does the tenant say they 1st moved in (don;t trust vendor, agent or solicitor..)??
      22-01-2022, 18:52 PM
    • Reply to Unoccupied Property Insurance
      by L4NDLORD
      Certainly the Zurich wording says a " Responsible Person " must inspect unoccupied premises at least once a week; there are also other risk requirements, esp during the winter
      15-01-2022, 18:40 PM
    • Reply to Unoccupied Property Insurance
      by Piffy
      I once had a Commercial Property and had to close my business for a month because a car drove into the front of the building and demolished the doorway. I wnt on holiday for 2 weeks and when I returned I went to the property and let myself in through another door and everything was OK. That night the...
      11-01-2022, 13:45 PM
    • Reply to Protfolio Landlord Insurance
      by Steve Barnes
      I always recommend that you should have a check list of the covers that are important to you and make sure that these covers are included within the quotations that you receive. That way you can compare the premiums easier and make sure it meets your needs, for example, as the property is being rented...
      10-01-2022, 13:19 PM
    • Protfolio Landlord Insurance
      by MorProp
      Hi all,

      Can anyone recommend an insurance provide or broker for freehold BTLs?

      also, from your experience, what should be covered and what to look out for?

      how do you deal with emergencies?

      05-01-2022, 09:36 AM