Homecare plan for gas/water in SE London?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Homecare plan for gas/water in SE London?

Any recs for quality / cost effectiveness please,
    Thanks

British Gas are the only ones I've found who won't try & weasel out of covering you. But they are pricey.
    To save them chiming in, JPKeates, Theartfullodger, Boletus, Mindthegap, Macromia, Holy Cow & Ted.E.Bear think the opposite of me on almost every subject.

Comment

I use them but their £60 excess mounts up.

Comment

The insurance on a boiler is dear, and the risk of blocked drains is low.

Comment

If you don't know any plumbers then BG policy is the only one I would get, there's others in the market but they just subcontract the work out which is crap as some don't even know what they are doing. For water I wouldn't bother, if it's a block drain etc, then just get someone round, and usually the T will have to pay for it to be fixed as it's usually them who has blocked it.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Insurance quote
            by armour
            Hi all,
            For the past 10 years I've been paying an increasing amount for LL insurance provided through broker Ashley Page (AP). I am happy with the service, they tell me they shop about to find competitive quotes and charge only £25 for this but I am concerned that, this year and last, AP has...
            16-08-2022, 09:56 AM
          • Guests and insurance
            by 2sheds
            Hi
            I contacted my long standing tenants to arrange a date to do some decorating. They said I couldn’t come during a certain period as they are going on holiday for a week and whilst they are away one of their parents will be staying at the house to look after their dog. Whilst I’ve no objection...
            14-08-2022, 14:24 PM
          • Reply to Guests and insurance
            by 2sheds
            Interestingly my insurers said they don’t know the answer to my query and that they will look into it and get back to me....
            15-08-2022, 21:56 PM
            by gnvqsos
            The tenant has invited the guest without your consent ,at their own risk. You are worrying about a highly unlikely hypothetical event-if this is usual get out of the market for your sanity.
            15-08-2022, 19:37 PM
          • Issue with proof of Tenant checks
            by rocky448
            Hi,

My tenants recently had a fire at my property. I used a lettings agent to find and vet my new tenant, the agents has since gone into bust.I have produced my tenancy agreement and bill from them but the Insurance company are being very awkward insisting i provided more evidence. I have...
            12-08-2022, 15:03 PM
          • Reply to Issue with proof of Tenant checks
            by JK0
            I don't see how tenant reference checks are relevant. The claim is for fire damage. Not non payment of rent.
            14-08-2022, 21:26 PM
          • Homecare plan for gas/water in SE London?
            by markek
            Any recs for quality / cost effectiveness please,
            Thanks
            04-08-2022, 10:12 AM
          • Reply to Homecare plan for gas/water in SE London?
            by ash72
            If you don't know any plumbers then BG policy is the only one I would get, there's others in the market but they just subcontract the work out which is crap as some don't even know what they are doing. For water I wouldn't bother, if it's a block drain etc, then just get someone round, and usually the...
            14-08-2022, 21:05 PM
          • Reply to Issue with proof of Tenant checks
            by ash72
            Did you not obtain a copy of the reference checks for your own records? Hope you have all the other paperwork associated with the Tenancy. I'm surprised that they haven't asked the cause of the fire, as that would indicate if it's covered or not.

You've not had much luck, but then again...
            14-08-2022, 20:59 PM
            by ash72
            There's a lot of "What If"..... don't worry about it, as far as you are concerning the T's are still there, just because the T has informed you of something doesn't make it correct, as far as your concerned.
            14-08-2022, 20:52 PM
          Working...
          X