Buildings insce for tenant

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Buildings insce for tenant

    I understand it is a landlords responsibility to insure the house I live in. However, as a tenant, could I choose to take our buildings insurance. If I could, I would then advise my landlord that I have done this, and he has no need to.
    Would the insurance in my name my valid?

    The insurance in your name would be invalid. Only the owner can insure the property. What is the reason for you wanting to do this?
    Steve Smith - Company Director at a leading Landlord Insurance broker with 20+ years experience in the industry
    LandlordZONE Verified Poster and Topic Expert for Landlords Insurance since 2009
    See my profile for contact details


    Latest Activity