Insurance water escape director making false statement to broker

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Insurance water escape director making false statement to broker

    Hi All, I hope you are all well! Just a quick question and my apologies if this is in the wrong section....happy to move it if admin thinks best? Our directors are leaving out one of the other directors, out of the loop as regards information and it has come to light that one director has written a false and misleading statement to an insurance broker in an attempt to stop a water claim. Is this a breach of fiduciary duty and how best to deal with the situation?

    What was said that is false? What was the water claim?

    It is fairly self evident that lying is a "breach of fiduciary duty" but we cannot tell whether that is the case.


    Latest Activity


    • Can I get property owner's liability insurance on its own for a house?
      by JamesHopeful
      Is it possible to obtain property owner's liability on its own for a house?

      I realise that it is normally purchased as part of a buildings insurance policy. However, there are some circumstances where buildings insurance may not seem necessary (e.g. for a house which will soon be demolished,...
      20-01-2022, 10:51 AM
    • Unoccupied Property Insurance
      by Marcus Read
      Every landlord has void periods, and I have one now. I would like to insure for the obvious risks, such as unauthorised occupants (squatters), malicious damage, etc. But whenever I've looked into this, insurers say they will only offer 'FLEEA' insurance (fire, lightning, explosion, earthquake, aircraft)...
      24-12-2021, 10:56 AM
    • Reply to Unoccupied Property Insurance
      by L4NDLORD
      Certainly the Zurich wording says a " Responsible Person " must inspect unoccupied premises at least once a week; there are also other risk requirements, esp during the winter
      15-01-2022, 18:40 PM
    • Reply to Unoccupied Property Insurance
      by Piffy
      I once had a Commercial Property and had to close my business for a month because a car drove into the front of the building and demolished the doorway. I wnt on holiday for 2 weeks and when I returned I went to the property and let myself in through another door and everything was OK. That night the...
      11-01-2022, 13:45 PM
    • Protfolio Landlord Insurance
      by MorProp
      Hi all,

      Can anyone recommend an insurance provide or broker for freehold BTLs?

      also, from your experience, what should be covered and what to look out for?

      how do you deal with emergencies?

      05-01-2022, 09:36 AM
    • Reply to Protfolio Landlord Insurance
      by Steve Barnes
      I always recommend that you should have a check list of the covers that are important to you and make sure that these covers are included within the quotations that you receive. That way you can compare the premiums easier and make sure it meets your needs, for example, as the property is being rented...
      10-01-2022, 13:19 PM
    • Reply to Protfolio Landlord Insurance
      by L4NDLORD
      One should check that cover includes terrorism! Would provide cover in the event your tenants used the rented property (or one nearby) to make a bomb that exploded. Also access and trace. And non invalidation cover. And three years loss of rent. Very few policies include CBRN but the very best do. Half...
      10-01-2022, 03:08 AM
    • Reply to Protfolio Landlord Insurance
      by SouthernDave
      I use John Lawton, Cascade Insurance
      09-01-2022, 09:45 AM
    • Reply to Protfolio Landlord Insurance
      by loanarranger
      Hi jpucng62
      I think you meant BG ( British Gas ) I have this for all my properties and has been a great facility plus peace of mind for tenants , but bad news for the managing agents as there is no kickback from plumbers Etc
      09-01-2022, 09:43 AM
    • Reply to Protfolio Landlord Insurance
      by jpucng62
      Any commercial broker will be able to give you LL insurance. This will insured the fabric of the building & fixtures and fittings (think sinks, kitchen cupboards etc) in case of a major event.. It will usually have some contents cover for your furnishing - carpets, curtains, light shades and furniture...
      09-01-2022, 08:18 AM