Newbie - Landlord insurance question

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • flyingfreehold
    it is of no use to you. The cover is designed to include carpets curtains possibly furniture and chadeliers as might be found in the common parts of a block of flats.. The standard amount included is £50,000; although mostly landlord common parts contents will be a tiny fraction of such a figure. It is usually included as standard so that if the policy is being written as a property owners policy, there is cover for landlord's items in the common parts of a risk.

    Leave a comment:

  • Borisko
    started a topic Newbie - Landlord insurance question

    Newbie - Landlord insurance question

    Hi everyone, I'm trying to renew my landlord insurance and starting to wonder if some of the things I ticked before are so relevant. Can anyone answer a dumb question please - if letting a 3 bed terraced house what essential use is insurance of "contents of common parts" or can explain this term better? Thank you

Latest Activity


  • Reply to Unoccupied Property Insurance
    by ifallelsefails
    I've looked at unoccupied insurance a lot and I found that the most comprehensive insurer and least burdensome out there was from Alan Blunden Insurance Brokers (they run the "ABACUS" system which allows other insurance brokers to insure through them too).
    You can go to Cover4LetProperty...
    22-01-2022, 22:27 PM
  • Unoccupied Property Insurance
    by Marcus Read
    Every landlord has void periods, and I have one now. I would like to insure for the obvious risks, such as unauthorised occupants (squatters), malicious damage, etc. But whenever I've looked into this, insurers say they will only offer 'FLEEA' insurance (fire, lightning, explosion, earthquake, aircraft)...
    24-12-2021, 10:56 AM
  • Can I get property owner's liability insurance on its own for a house?
    by JamesHopeful
    Is it possible to obtain property owner's liability on its own for a house?

    I realise that it is normally purchased as part of a buildings insurance policy. However, there are some circumstances where buildings insurance may not seem necessary (e.g. for a house which will soon be demolished,...
    20-01-2022, 10:51 AM
  • Reply to Can I get property owner's liability insurance on its own for a house?
    by ifallelsefails
    You probably want to look at something like renovation insurance, Home Protect offer it with public liability insurance:
    22-01-2022, 22:08 PM
  • Ensuring Insurance
    by AVJ113
    Looks like I'm going to get my first rental property. I will be getting a BTL mortgage for a small, very cheap house, possibly with a sitting tenant. What minimum insurance do I need legally; what do you advise on top of that, and who is the best provider of such insurance?
    22-01-2022, 18:05 PM
  • Reply to Ensuring Insurance
    by theartfullodger
    None legally, but very very likely the mortgage will require it. Check exact requirements.

    And when does the tenant say they 1st moved in (don;t trust vendor, agent or solicitor..)??
    22-01-2022, 18:52 PM
  • Reply to Unoccupied Property Insurance
    by L4NDLORD
    Certainly the Zurich wording says a " Responsible Person " must inspect unoccupied premises at least once a week; there are also other risk requirements, esp during the winter
    15-01-2022, 18:40 PM
  • Reply to Unoccupied Property Insurance
    by Piffy
    I once had a Commercial Property and had to close my business for a month because a car drove into the front of the building and demolished the doorway. I wnt on holiday for 2 weeks and when I returned I went to the property and let myself in through another door and everything was OK. That night the...
    11-01-2022, 13:45 PM
  • Protfolio Landlord Insurance
    by MorProp
    Hi all,

    Can anyone recommend an insurance provide or broker for freehold BTLs?

    also, from your experience, what should be covered and what to look out for?

    how do you deal with emergencies?

    05-01-2022, 09:36 AM
  • Reply to Protfolio Landlord Insurance
    by Steve Barnes
    I always recommend that you should have a check list of the covers that are important to you and make sure that these covers are included within the quotations that you receive. That way you can compare the premiums easier and make sure it meets your needs, for example, as the property is being rented...
    10-01-2022, 13:19 PM