Rent Guarantee

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rent Guarantee

I am thinking of using a company called Rentguard to take up rent protection does anyone have any experience using thme or know of anyone whoc has used them for a claim. Im trying to find out if they are good. The underwriter is AXA. Thanks

I see why you've posted here, but I think you may get more responses on the residential lettings forum. There is a recent thread on this topic.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Insurance shot up due to water leaks from upstairs.
      Flashback1966
      I have an irresponsible landlord upstairs. Twice, the ceiling has fallen due to a water leak.

The council are useless and gave no help.

My insurance has gone up, as I have had two claims during recent years.

Is there anything I can do about this? Can the upstairs...
      08-08-2017, 15:53 PM
    • Reply to Insurance shot up due to water leaks from upstairs.
      JK0
      They probably did!

Just you gave them an excuse to put your premium up by claiming....
      23-08-2017, 16:57 PM
      Flashback1966
      >> What did you expect if you claimed on insurance rather than sued the guy?
      The landlord upstairs is a slippery character. My solicitor wrote a letter and it cost £300.

I thought the insurance companies would do that between themselves.

I phoned one insurance...
      23-08-2017, 16:52 PM
    • Landlord Cover - Cant Trace Who I'm Covered With
      Claymore
      Hi

I'm definitely insured, generally via CIA on all of my properties. I know one of the properties is up for renewal but I don't have any email reminders. My post is being redirected because of a move, but no postal renewal. Other than going through my bank accounts, is there any other...
      23-08-2017, 10:58 AM
    • Any recommendations for boiler cover
      aciduzzo
      I had a bad experience this past year with 24/7 home rescue, where they ripped me off when my boiler broke down. This was because my boiler is quite old and they deemed it beyond economical repair. I was looking into Homeserve policies as i have had good experience with their plumbing cover, but it...
      02-08-2017, 14:48 PM
    • Reply to Any recommendations for boiler cover
      Stef Cooke
      We had BG fit our new boiler but will never allow any of their servicing engineers to look at it again. The first service the engineer turned up, said it couldn't be serviced as it had been boxed in... I epxlained that the cover slid foward, had no upward movement,. He said he couldn't do that without...
      22-08-2017, 15:39 PM
    • Insurer rights take Possession damaged Property
      Guby
      Some Underwriters have this clause in the Policy Wording:

"We may enter any building where loss or damage has happened, take possession of the insured damaged property and deal with any salvage in a reasonable way"

Should any clause like this be legally based or...
      26-07-2017, 08:37 AM
    • Reply to Insurer rights take Possession damaged Property
      Galatea
      My Policy wording says:

'Following a claim you must allow us or anyone authorised by us
      a access to premises
      b to take possession of,
      or request delivery to us of any property insured'
      Policy is based on the contract you have signed....
      22-08-2017, 12:13 PM
    • Reply to Any recommendations for boiler cover
      Galatea
      British Gas are good and reliable but very pricey. When my old 30 year old boiler broke down 10 years ago they could not find parts so I had to replace with a modern. The new boiler is much more economical in fuel but will last 10 to 15 years they tell me.
      22-08-2017, 09:09 AM
      Galatea
      I have same experience with 4 leaks in less than a year. My ceiling is very damaged. Insurance rose 7% even with the first settled claim which is now reoppened. There are 2 more to settle. The issue is to compare the legal cost and time of suing someone with the compansation you get and the chances...
      22-08-2017, 09:02 AM
    Working...
    X