Is student insurance usually a lot more expensive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is student insurance usually a lot more expensive?

I only have 2 properties. One a 3 bed house occupied by a family. Price of insurance: £160 pa. Another a 3 bed flat occupied by students: £350 pa. I have shopped around and not really found anything cheaper. And have they jacked up prices for student lets lately due to covid?

We are not aware of any price changes due to covid but obviously cannot speak for all insurers (only the ones we deal with). A property let to multiple students will generally be higher rated than a property let to a working family. Please bear in mind other factors such as location and sum insured as these can have a big effect on price.
    Steve Smith - Company Director at a leading Landlord Insurance broker with 20+ years experience in the industry
    LandlordZONE Verified Poster and Topic Expert for Landlords Insurance since 2009
    See my profile for contact details

Comment

Thank you ashburnham. For full disclosure, I did make a claim 2 years ago on the student flat for water escape, and never made a claim on the other property. The student flat also has a flat roof which may affect things? It is ex council, not sure if that affects things.

Comment

The claim and flat roof will raisr premiums,as will students.

Comment

Is this insurance cover for the building ? Some times the insurance rate for property is higher if there have been more claims than average for the area .

Comment

No it’s not buildings insurance it’s the landlord insurance, the buildings insurance is taken out by the freeholder.

Comment

Lots on, I do think that they can jack up they prices whenever they want. It all depends on an agreement, you've been signing up.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
              X