Landlord insurance letting to the council ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Landlord insurance letting to the council ?

Hi, my renewal is coming up soon for insurance letting to the council but it seems to have gone up by quite a bit. Can anyone recommend any insurance companies for this type of policy ? Letting to council. Thanks

This is something most Landlord Insurers are capable of helping with. Please visit the LandlordZONE Insurance Directory for suggested companies to try.
    Steve Smith - Company Director at a leading Landlord Insurance broker with 20+ years experience in the industry
    LandlordZONE Verified Poster and Topic Expert for Landlords Insurance since 2009
    See my profile for contact details

Comment

Find a insurance broker, they will sort it out for you.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Rent Guarantee Insurance
        by oi2004as
        Hi

I would be interested in your view on the following

I received a renewal Legal & Rent Guarantee Insurance documents from Rentguard (which initiallyy I purchased through Openrent)

There is the following condition in their 'statement of fact':
        "The...
        11-07-2020, 11:59 AM
      • Reply to Rent Guarantee Insurance
        by jpkeates
        I think you're looking for a zero-risk option, but property letting is an investment business with risk baked in.
        I don't blame you! But I think you're going to struggle.

Like all of us, the rent guarantee insurance sellers didn't see the pandemic coming, and it wasn't covered in...
        13-07-2020, 16:25 PM
        by AndrewDod
        If a guarantor agreement is valid at all (which is a BIG if) it is not going to be valid past the initial fixed term (no matter what it says) - so as much use as non-stick Sellotape or Jeremy Corbyn....
        13-07-2020, 16:08 PM
        by Boab
        I doubt anyone in this town has ten years rent. I’m obviously being Uber selective on tenants , but I also wondered about guarantors as well. Does a guarantor have the absolute obligation to cover rent defaults or can they avoid paying as well?...
        13-07-2020, 15:47 PM
      • Buildings & Contents Insurance - Recommendations
        by landlord-man
        Can anyone recommend a broker / insurance provider? I have a 1st floor property with 4 flats.

I'm looking for recommendations on who provided a fair quote but also any recommendations on companies who actually paid out a claim promptly / fairly.

Thank You...
        13-07-2020, 10:57 AM
      • Reply to Buildings & Contents Insurance - Recommendations
        by ashburnham
        Take a look at the LandlordZONE Insurance Directory for a list of providers.
        13-07-2020, 13:58 PM
      • Reply to Buildings & Contents Insurance - Recommendations
        by alice123
        i dont think we are allowed to recommend anyone one here and at least not allowed to mention any company names -

I would choose wisely and read the small print -

I would strongly advise you take legal cover as well but from my experience it took them over six months for it...
        13-07-2020, 13:47 PM
        by AndrewDod
        You could take ten years of rent in advance into an escrow scheme.

Or you could select suitable tenants....
        13-07-2020, 11:28 AM
        by Boab
        I’m in process of re letting my home ( it’s my only property) and the new rules and rights etc are making it all pretty risky anyway imho. However I have little choice in my situation. So I looked at rent guarantee insurance via two big rental agencies. One tried to sell me a policy with not a single...
        13-07-2020, 09:53 AM
        by AndrewDod
        I guess the only point ever to insure is if

a) You think they have calculated a too-low premiums based on the (correct) information you gave (extremely rare) so that you will statistically "win"

b) If the event (if it occurs) will be life changing. Like medical travel...
        11-07-2020, 18:14 PM
      Working...
      X