Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insurance for listed building (category A) in Edinburgh

Hi there!

I'm a new member, but have had a residential letting for about 4 years in Edinburgh which is a category A. The property is in good condition and there's nothing unusual about myself or the property. However, I've struggled to find insurance through the majority of insurance comparison sites/main lenders. I can only ever seem to find one willing to do it, but it's quite expensive and makes renewals a real negotiation every year.

A few have told me that it's because it's Grade A (England Grade I is supposedly three times rarer) they won't insure it full stop. Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations for Grade I listed/ or Grade A (Scotland) building/content insurance?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I know that a lot of online quote systems (including ours) don't provide an instant quote for Grade A (or I) Listed properties so maybe avoid websites. When we get something like this, we simply need to ask a few questions so it can be manually referred to our underwriters. Simple process but has to be done over the phone so maybe call a few companies on the LandlordZONE Insurance Directory and see how you get on.
    Steve Smith - Company Director at a leading Landlord Insurance broker with 20+ years experience in the industry
    LandlordZONE Verified Poster and Topic Expert for Landlords Insurance since 2009
    See my profile for contact details

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
    X