Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gordon999
    replied
    I should add the lock has to comply to the BS 3621 standard if required by the insurance company .

https://www.locksmiths.co.uk/faq/wha...tandard-locks/

Leave a comment:

• Gordon999
    replied
    The building service charge account should pay for repair of existing lock or replacement by new lock with 6 sets of duplicate keys.

Leave a comment:

• leaseholder64
    replied
    I think the main reason you should address the door is the fire risk, especially if this was a revenge/protection racket, attack. This ought to have featured in your fire risk assessment.

Leave a comment:

• jpkeates
    replied
    The restaurant's insurance is the restaurant's problem.

If they can show you are somehow liable for their problems they can take legal action.
    If there's no lock on a communal area, and you knew about it, you might want to take some legal advice just in case.

Leave a comment:

• Will insurance work as lock to communal area broken for long time

New years day.. Big problem.. We have a block with 6 flats and restaurant on ground floor. All flats are entered via community area where the Lock has been broken for long time. Restaurant also has the back entrance door facing onto communal hallway.. Very strong fire door like all other flats. Today this back door was broken into with lock smashed and the perpetrators stole nothing!! But smashed the place up.. We think it was a revenge crime of some sort. Restaurant owners say their insurer won't cover this as the community door lock has been broken for sometime despite the criminals breaking their lock.. I thought the fact our community entrance lock was broken should not effect their insurance working.. I realise if my communal area is vandalised my Insurance won't work but what?? I am now responsible if they breakdown all my tenants front doors and burgal them. Help!!!!

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X