Rent guarantee insurance needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rent guarantee insurance needed

Hi all. My insurance provider has notified me that they no longer offer the above policy for landlords based overseas. Does anyone know any decent insurers who can provide this to a Brit living overseas, on a property in the UK? Thanks in advance.

I'd talk to a broker.
    When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
    Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

I'd forget about it IIWY. These companies will weasel out of paying, if tenant defends eviction.

Comment

Take a look at the LandlordZONE Insurance Directory.
        Steve Smith - Company Director at a leading Landlord Insurance broker with 20+ years experience in the industry
        LandlordZONE Verified Poster and Topic Expert for Landlords Insurance since 2009
        See my profile for contact details

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Landlord opinions on guaranteed rent and other insurances...
          by james.leach
          Hello,

I have a question for all landlords in regard to guaranteed rent and other additional insurance policies.

With new tech companies entering the lettings market such as Howsy. I have noticed more and more letting agents offering fixed fees for different packages, rather...
          26-11-2020, 14:35 PM
        • Leasehold property to be insured by leaseholders
          by Anna1985
          Hi, I'm co freeholder and dealing with the wonderful leaseholder who thinks his property exists outside the building in another dimension.

So FFs requested the leaseholder to provide a copy of the insurance policy within 21 days. Lease saying the policy should be provided when requested...
          17-10-2020, 08:54 AM
        • Reply to Leasehold property to be insured by leaseholders
          by Anna1985
          Yes, it is understood that at the moment, you only see a judge if your name is Depp)

Trouble is that the policy is not valid, due to leaseholder taking on residential building insurance rather than BTL and the property being in disrepair.

​​​​​​1/3 of property...
          25-11-2020, 22:14 PM
          by flyingfreehold
          litigation right now is pretty much a non event. The leaseholder has some sort of cover. Is the indemnity amount adequate?* If so park this issue and think about what's for dinner tomorrow evening!

* not advertising, because I am not connected to them but these people give a remarkably...
          25-11-2020, 20:57 PM
          by Anna1985
          flyingfreehold, hope you are well. Our drama continues, we were provided the insurance but the co freeholders names are not on the policy.
          also, it does see that the policy taken is residential rather than a BTL, so invalid by default.

And there is another point - property is in...
          25-11-2020, 18:34 PM
        • Is insurance valid?
          by bethy
          My freeholder is responsible for insuring the building - us leaseholders pay via service charge for our share. I requested information on the policy as had never seen it and have had numerous issues with freeholder doing very little/not upholding his obligations. The cover didn't match that which the...
          23-11-2020, 12:25 PM
        • Reply to Is insurance valid?
          by Gordon999
          You should ask for a "summary of insured cover" including name of the policy holder under the building insurance policy and get the reply within 30 days. Usually insurance claims can only be made by the policy holder. Check if freeholder is only person named as the "policy holder...
          25-11-2020, 08:26 AM
          by Callan1
          As far as i am aware there is no oversight obligation on leaseholders to check on the freeholder.

Write a letter (send recorded delivery) to the freeholder expressing your concerns about the insurance misrepresentation (give details) and the prospect of any future insurance claim being...
          24-11-2020, 12:08 PM
          by bethy
          Thanks. I wish we could go for RTM but unfortunately there's more than 25% commercial in the building. I'm looking at applying to tribunal to have a manager appointed, but don't much relish that process or the vitriol we'll get from the freeholder for doing it....
          23-11-2020, 22:33 PM
          by Callan1
          Not being honest with an insurer when providing information might cause a claim to be rejected in the future which benefits no-one.

If you're dissatisfied with the freeholder- you and your fellow leaseholders could take over the management of the building by forming RTM Co.

23-11-2020, 19:08 PM
        Working...
        X