Flat let to students

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Flat let to students


    I am planning to let out my flat to 2 students. I am really getting confused with several policies online . I do have the following with me

    1 ) Building insurance for block
    2 ) I took out another policy from {mod - deleted} which is TENANTED PROPERTY INSURANCE POLICY
    3 ) I purchased another policy from {mod - deleted} to cover plumbling and electric for what

    What else do i need for total peace of mind ?

    For a block of leasehold flats, the buildings insurance policy is purchased by the freeholder or the management company and normally charged back to leaseholders as part of the annual service charge. There is no need for you to pay for this policy which is invalid, if the building is already insured by the freeholder or management company.

    The tenanted property policy is probably what you need as a rental landlord - to insure against loss of landlord effects , for public liability insurance and for water leak damage to flat below.

    The insurance policy for appliance breakdown may help you but sometimes it may be better to pay for repair service after the breakdown happens . Some new appliances may have 2-5 years maintenance cover , but the repair service may be very slow and this is very annoying to tenants paying rent in advance.

    For piece of mind, students have no job income and you need a rental guarantee from the students' parents.


    Latest Activity