Previous reference check

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Previous reference check

Hi everyone, my tenants were referenced last year and they want to extend another year, do I have to reference them again before I sign another year or previous references would be fine ? Has anyone experienced like this? Would be grateful for any suggestion. Thanks

ive never done a re-referencing myslef - so long as as they are paying rent and no problems I woudlt think it necessary unless the mortgage or insurance requires it or if its something special to your tenancy

was everything ok last time ?

Comment

Thanks for your reply, it was ok last time.

Comment

with you saying they want to extend to another year is this an AST rollover tenacy ? some insurance companies would require references as part of the small print so double check it i were you - wouldnt like to land you in it but ive never had to re reference them myself

Comment

Thanks for info as I have found I have to re reference them.

Comment

Why do you want to sign for another year? The normal advice is to let the tenancy go periodic.

There is no statutory requirement to reference at all, and no statutory definition of what constitutes an acceptable result of referencing. Insurers and lenders may impose contractual requirements, and councils may impose local rules as part of licensing.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
            X