boiler insurance does anyone have it and would they recommend ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i had it once for a year , then i had a new boiler done by a gas engineer and i decided to cancel it

Comment

I have British Gas for my property in London, as there plumbers only show up if they feel like it. It is pricey though. When their guys don't show up, I sue them for my time & expense.

Comment

Massive fight to get any of the local plumbers to turn up, as they are all massively busy.. So British gas landlord cover, included in the price is the annual service and Gas Safety test.
        Tenants are very happy when I explain that that cover is in place, its a fairly new boiler anyway but the peace of mind knowing that if it all goes wrong, even on Christmas day, we can get an engineer on site pretty quickly. I also keep 4x electric oil filled radiators tucked away just in case. Been needed once in 3 years, but when it was needed the tenant was very happy that within an hour of them reporting a problem with the heating I was on site to have a look with a boot full of radiators ready to go in if needed. Small cost for keeping everyone happy.

Comment

Genuine question: why do people think that boiler insurance is preferable to simply paying for boiler repairs as and when they're needed? (Bearing in mind that on average boiler insurance presumably works out more expensive, or else the provider wouldn't be making a profit)

Comment

Depends on age of boiler and if they can get spare parts ect - a certain gas company (no names implcated) have to verify that they are willing to do the cover as they would not on my home address as boiler was old but they were willing to do for tenants on newer boiler - if you have a string of gas men who are good cheap and reliabile i personally wouldnt bother but depends how many properties you have and age of boiler ect as most will do the gas safety check included in the cover so have to give it some thought

Comment

Originally posted by JamesHopeful View Post
              Genuine question: why do people think that boiler insurance is preferable to simply paying for boiler repairs as and when they're needed? (Bearing in mind that on average boiler insurance presumably works out more expensive, or else the provider wouldn't be making a profit)
              See replies #3 & #4.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
              X