Insurance company dragging their feet legal fees cover

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insurance company dragging their feet legal fees cover

ok this has been going on since May - I have legal fees cover and since then i have been e mailing this legal company and each time they e mail they want this document then they wait nfourteen days or so and then they want that document and this has been going on since May - ive sent then all the stuff they want about 3 times over and they then send another e mail'oh we need this' they say they have a backlog but in the meantime the initial claim which was legal fees to evict the tenant no longer stands as tenant left - they have been dilly dallying with my matter and something else happend so im seeing a solicitor of my own , the insurance tell me they have a 'backlog' of landlords claims and this is why -
    Also they wanted insurance papers from previous years as well which was with a different company -
    'Once we receive this we will look at your claim so do not instruct a solicitor until that time' anyone else had this experiece?
    My solicitor says i might like to claim my own solicitors cost from them at some stage - but im not too hopeful

Haven't you guessed yet?

It's a scam. They want to poor over your documents to see a way to get out of paying up.

Do as your solicitor suggests.

Comment

Make a formal written complaint, follow their complaints procedure then finish with legal or financial Ombudsm an, whichever is appropriate.

Comment

Thanks yes I will do that - im surprised as its one of the big main insurers but they use a seperate company for the legal cover or something-

Comment

The big insurance companies often outsource different sections of your insurance policy ( contents/ building/ legal) to different insurers.

Comment

Maybe one of the Agony uncles (Investigators ) in the Sunday newspapers can help you to claim your entitlement and compensation.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
            X