Could somebody reccomend a reliable insurance broker?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could somebody reccomend a reliable insurance broker?

Hi all,

I have a leasehold flat which i'm about to start renting and want to get some landlord insurance. The thing is that the service charge I pay includes building insurance. It seems that because of this some of the online comparisons won't give me a price. I'd like to speak with a reputable broker to try and find some cover for my needs. Would appreciate any advice.

It is unusual for the buildings cover not to be communal in blocks of flats.

Comment

In most leases the insuring of a building belonging to freeholder is done by freeholder or via the service charge account.

"you" as the leaseholder of a flat are not able to get insurance cover for the building.

But you should be able to get cover for your contents and accidents inside the flat, and public liability ( including damage by water leaks to flat below ,

Comment

if you take cover for contents (which I recommend for the following reason) you will be covered if your tenant floods out the flat below. The landlord's material damage insurer will look to the leaseholder of a flat above for a recovery if there is a leak into their insured premises below. We go as far as putting an obligation in our leases and lettings agreements such that occupiers must insure their contents; not because we care about their three piece suite but to cover the liability when a leak is caused from one flat to the premises below.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X