Unoccupied Insurance

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Unoccupied Insurance

    Hi Guys

    Im due to exchange on a house next week which will be unoccupied for around six weeks for redecoration.

    any ideas for who I can get a reasonable quote for unoccupied insurance or landlords insurance that covers a period of unoccpation, whilst still offering rent guarantee whilst rented out ...

    Ive used direct line on my other properties but they won't touch this one due to high risk of flooding .

    many thanks.

    Most of the insurers we provide to our customers allow an inital period of unoccupancy before it is let (normally a 60 days period but can be more or less depending on the insurer used). I obviously can't speak for other insurers/brokers but your scenario is extremely common and it does seem like it is the norm for this sort of policy so I don't think your redecorating should cause any problems.

    The high risk of flooding is more likely your problem. Without knowing full details of your property (in particular, the postcode and history of flooding at the property if any), I can't really give great help. All I can say is to contact a good broker who will spend the time looking at your specific property rather than a database of potentially risky postcodes.
    Steve Smith - Company Director at a leading Landlord Insurance broker with 20+ years experience in the industry
    LandlordZONE Verified Poster and Topic Expert for Landlords Insurance since 2009
    See my profile for contact details


    Latest Activity