Best landlord insurance with student tenants?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ashburnham
    replied
    "Better companies" is subjective. You may find a better price but worse cover, or better claims handling but higher premiums. As always, I would suggest getting a few quotes and comparing the factors that are important to you. The LandlordZONE Insurance Directory is a great place to start.

Leave a comment:

• premieji
    started a topic Best landlord insurance with student tenants?

Best landlord insurance with student tenants?

My landlord buildings and contents policy for a house rented to students with Towergate is coming up for renewal and I wondered if there are better companies out there? Thanks for any help. Premieji

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Insurance premiums going through the roof
    by flyingfreehold
    Those seeking renewals of buildings policies will find that insurers are taking a much tougher line especially where there have been chunky losses and premia are rising dramatically

A broker put it to me this way. In 2020 insurers have made negative income on its investments therefore...
    17-05-2020, 10:41 AM
  • Reply to Insurance premiums going through the roof
    by desamax
    Our excess have been increased, the 'escape of water' one is now 5K from £250 all others have doubled. This is a mixed use property all sold off on long leases. we have a feeling our landlord has had the insurance declined by the long standing insurer and we now have some unknown underwriter, the policy...
    04-07-2020, 12:47 PM
  • Leasehold Second Home insurance
    by Rincewind
    Hi All

I have a leasehold holiday home (flat).

The lease states: . . . "the lessor will at all times during said term (unless such insurance shall be vitiated by any act or default of the Lessee) insure and keep insured the building including all common areas and common...
    27-06-2020, 09:18 AM
  • Reply to Leasehold Second Home insurance
    by Rincewind
    yes but . . . the lease says

"The lessor will at all times during said term (unless such insurance shall be vitiated by any act or default of the Lessee) insure and keep insured the building including all common areas and common services against fire and such other risks (if any) as...
    29-06-2020, 17:06 PM
  • Reply to Building Insurance
    by hexu
    Hi ATC, I seem to misunderstand your point previously. My solicitor has written to the freeholder, but he does not accept our position. His reply is shown as below:

"Insurance companies are unable to cover the structure of the building and common parts of the building without taking...
    27-06-2020, 19:00 PM
  • Building Insurance
    by hexu
    The dispute has happened since the change of freehold.

I was told by my conveyancing solicitor that building insurance is arranged by the Landlord for the common parts only and I must insure the flat myself. My lender also informed building insurance I must take out to hold as a condition...
    30-05-2020, 16:10 PM
  • Reply to Leasehold Second Home insurance
    by Section20z
    I think your best bet is to notify the insurers directly that it is occasionally vacant for longer periods . (As long as your lease has no clause against it) otherwise you may be liable as you say.
    Failing that make sure it's occupied at least once a month.
    You can use C19 as a valid excuse...
    27-06-2020, 12:01 PM
  • Gas boiler insurance
    by blinko
    Hi all,

I'm due the annual gas safety and wanted to ask does anyone take out any insurance based gas boiler service product.

as I'm thinking i spend around 60 for the certificate but if it was say 100 for the insurance PLUS a certificate very year that might make sense to me....
    21-06-2020, 09:27 AM
  • Reply to Gas boiler insurance
    by jpkeates
    A hidden benefit of BG's cover is that when they can't get an engineer straight out (most autumn seasons) the tenant tends to blame them rather than me.
    23-06-2020, 13:12 PM
  • Reply to Insurance premiums going through the roof
    by flyingfreehold
    Quite often a freeholder will own a flat or two in its own block. Former's porters flat; flats formerly let to sitting tenants, and so forth
    23-06-2020, 04:23 AM
Working...
X