Periodic Tenancy and Rent Guarantee Insurance

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Periodic Tenancy and Rent Guarantee Insurance

    My tenant has a 6 month AST which we're both happy to allow to lapse into a Periodic Tenancy in 2 months time. However, my rent guarantee insurance states "Claims cannot be considered without a signed Tenancy Agreement". I presume that means that without a new signed AST I have no cover?

    I imagine the rent guarantee applies to a specific period of letting .e.g 6 months from 1st April to 30th Sept . and the claim for loss of rent can only be made after 3 months of rent payment to prevent fraud.

    So you have to read the conditions of the rent guarantee policy.


    Latest Activity


    • Types of insurance
      Is there a difference between Residential propety owners insurance and landlord insurance?

      13-07-2018, 10:07 AM
    • Reply to Types of insurance
      "Landlords Insurance" covers residential or commercial let properties and "Residential Property Owners Insurance" covers any residential property whether owner occupied or let.

      There is an overlap between the two definitions as both cover residential let properties,...
      17-07-2018, 10:24 AM
    • How to work out buildings sum insured on HMO's
      How do you calculate buildings sum insured for HMO's please? and what are the consequences if you get it wrong - particularly if you over estimate?

      13-07-2018, 10:15 AM
    • Reply to How to work out buildings sum insured on HMO's
      I would always suggest a surveyor to give you the sum insured for insurance purposes. The calculator in above post is a good free alternative but must be only gives genrally guidance on rebuilding costs. Consequences of over estimating is that you may be overpaying on insurance premium. Consequences...
      17-07-2018, 10:05 AM
    • Shop with flying freehold Buildings Insurance question

      I have a small shop which is part of a bigger residential building. The residential building extends over the full shop. Can anyone recommend how I would get buildings insurance to protect against anything happening in my shop that may affect the property above or to the side? I know...
      12-07-2018, 19:16 PM
    • Reply to Shop with flying freehold Buildings Insurance question
      Most buildings/contents insurance policies will include Property Owners Liability or Public Liability cover. If you are liable for any damage caused to adjacent properties or injury to third parties, this will provide the necessary cover. As always, check the cover is included and look out for any special...
      17-07-2018, 09:30 AM
    • Insurance admin charges
      Just a quick question if anybody could answer please.

      Are my freeholders allowed to charge an administration fee on top of the already extortionate insurance premium? There is nothing in my lease referring to this.

      I have questioned it and they have quoted they want to be transparent...
      12-07-2018, 11:40 AM
    • Reply to Insurance admin charges
      Yes Gordon999 its exactly the same apart from terrorist cover as my lease specifically states that I don't need to insure for this....
      15-07-2018, 12:55 PM
    • Reply to Insurance admin charges
      Is the quote at 850 pds based on "like for like" insured cover as for the 1750 pds quote ?

      If you have quotes for " EXACTLY the same cover" as insured by freeholder , then you can use as evidence at the FTT ?

      Make an application to the FTT for reducing...
      15-07-2018, 12:45 PM
    • Landlord insurance for leasehold property
      The block is already insured by the management company but it seems like we need landlords insurance but only to cover public liability (if the tenant gets injured at the property and decides to claim) and also the ability to rehouse the tenant if the block suffered any damage and became inhabitable....
      11-07-2018, 10:59 AM