How to work out buildings sum insured on HMO's

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to work out buildings sum insured on HMO's

How do you calculate buildings sum insured for HMO's please? and what are the consequences if you get it wrong - particularly if you over estimate?

Thanks

This may help you to calculate the value for insuring the property :

https://calculator.bcis.co.uk/

Comment

I would always suggest a surveyor to give you the sum insured for insurance purposes. The calculator in above post is a good free alternative but must be only gives genrally guidance on rebuilding costs. Consequences of over estimating is that you may be overpaying on insurance premium. Consequences of under estimating is that you may have a claim payout reduced or even declined.
      Steve Smith - Company Director at a leading Landlord Insurance broker with 18+ years experience in the industry
      LandlordZONE Verified Poster and Topic Expert for Landlords Insurance since 2009
      See my profile for contact details

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Types of insurance
        bengal
        Is there a difference between Residential propety owners insurance and landlord insurance?

Thanks
        13-07-2018, 10:07 AM
      • Reply to Types of insurance
        ashburnham
        "Landlords Insurance" covers residential or commercial let properties and "Residential Property Owners Insurance" covers any residential property whether owner occupied or let.

There is an overlap between the two definitions as both cover residential let properties,...
        17-07-2018, 10:24 AM
      • How to work out buildings sum insured on HMO's
        bengal
        How do you calculate buildings sum insured for HMO's please? and what are the consequences if you get it wrong - particularly if you over estimate?

Thanks
        13-07-2018, 10:15 AM
      • Reply to How to work out buildings sum insured on HMO's
        ashburnham
        I would always suggest a surveyor to give you the sum insured for insurance purposes. The calculator in above post is a good free alternative but must be only gives genrally guidance on rebuilding costs. Consequences of over estimating is that you may be overpaying on insurance premium. Consequences...
        17-07-2018, 10:05 AM
      • Shop with flying freehold Buildings Insurance question
        Howletts
        Hello

I have a small shop which is part of a bigger residential building. The residential building extends over the full shop. Can anyone recommend how I would get buildings insurance to protect against anything happening in my shop that may affect the property above or to the side? I know...
        12-07-2018, 19:16 PM
      • Reply to Shop with flying freehold Buildings Insurance question
        ashburnham
        Most buildings/contents insurance policies will include Property Owners Liability or Public Liability cover. If you are liable for any damage caused to adjacent properties or injury to third parties, this will provide the necessary cover. As always, check the cover is included and look out for any special...
        17-07-2018, 09:30 AM
      • Insurance admin charges
        skidder
        Just a quick question if anybody could answer please.

Are my freeholders allowed to charge an administration fee on top of the already extortionate insurance premium? There is nothing in my lease referring to this.

I have questioned it and they have quoted they want to be transparent...
        12-07-2018, 11:40 AM
      • Reply to Insurance admin charges
        skidder
        Yes Gordon999 its exactly the same apart from terrorist cover as my lease specifically states that I don't need to insure for this....
        15-07-2018, 12:55 PM
      • Reply to Insurance admin charges
        Gordon999
        Is the quote at 850 pds based on "like for like" insured cover as for the 1750 pds quote ?

If you have quotes for " EXACTLY the same cover" as insured by freeholder , then you can use as evidence at the FTT ?

Make an application to the FTT for reducing...
        15-07-2018, 12:45 PM
      • Landlord insurance for leasehold property
        ghk2010
        The block is already insured by the management company but it seems like we need landlords insurance but only to cover public liability (if the tenant gets injured at the property and decides to claim) and also the ability to rehouse the tenant if the block suffered any damage and became inhabitable....
        11-07-2018, 10:59 AM
      Working...
      X