Types of insurance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Types of insurance

Is there a difference between Residential propety owners insurance and landlord insurance?

Thanks

Different insuance companies will offer different products in the market and you have to ask the insurance company what is the diiference in their cover.
    Residential means cover for owner occupied residential property .
    Landlord insurance is probably aimed at rental property owners.

Comment

"Landlords Insurance" covers residential or commercial let properties and "Residential Property Owners Insurance" covers any residential property whether owner occupied or let.

There is an overlap between the two definitions as both cover residential let properties, so if that is what you are looking for then either of these will be offering the same buildings/contents type of cover.
      Steve Smith - Company Director at a leading Landlord Insurance broker with 18+ years experience in the industry
      LandlordZONE Verified Poster and Topic Expert for Landlords Insurance since 2009
      See my profile for contact details

Comment

Well I thought I was insured via a block policy but the insurance company said that only the Freeholder was covered when there was a claim on a flat that I own and it is rented. I pay via a service charge and it is compulsory. I ended up as a "prudent uninsured" and sorted it out successfully by myself. After that episode I took out a policy with the RLA.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X