Landlord insurance for leasehold property

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Landlord insurance for leasehold property

The block is already insured by the management company but it seems like we need landlords insurance but only to cover public liability (if the tenant gets injured at the property and decides to claim) and also the ability to rehouse the tenant if the block suffered any damage and became inhabitable.

Any ideas on where to get just this type of insurance? I have spoken with Direct line but they want to throw in all the extras which we don't need

Thanks

If the MC has insured the building under a "block of flats insurance policy, , the policy should include cover for re-statement of building, public liability , employee liability, damage from water leakage and "alternative accommodation for 2 years" .( which helps to pay the mortgage lender which still requires the monthly payments.).
    I am not so sure if re-housing the tenant is considered a insurable interest for the flat owner.

Comment

I have contents insurance from Directline for my leaseholds. This covers loss of rent, public/landlord liability and a few bits of furniture. Costs about £100 per year per flat.

Comment

thanks for the replies

Comment

I have insurance with The Residential Landlords Association.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
          X