Insurance provider

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Insurance provider

    I am sure this has been asked a gazillion times, but I can't find it so, who is the best comprehensive landlord insurance provider?

    Best? Probably NFU.

    Cheapest though? Probably Direct Line.


      Your choice - not ours.


        Originally posted by mariner View Post
        Your choice - not ours.
        Not much point in writing that. Really!


          Why not?
          We each may have our preferences, prob for different reasons.
          You're running a business so your choice, not ours.


            Often the best insurance company is not looking for business in your street or town because of high claims record in your area.

            Flooding experience for one or two houses at the end of your street may cause the whole street to be treated as high risk.


            Latest Activity


            • Types of insurance
              Is there a difference between Residential propety owners insurance and landlord insurance?

              13-07-2018, 10:07 AM
            • Reply to Types of insurance
              "Landlords Insurance" covers residential or commercial let properties and "Residential Property Owners Insurance" covers any residential property whether owner occupied or let.

              There is an overlap between the two definitions as both cover residential let properties,...
              17-07-2018, 10:24 AM
            • How to work out buildings sum insured on HMO's
              How do you calculate buildings sum insured for HMO's please? and what are the consequences if you get it wrong - particularly if you over estimate?

              13-07-2018, 10:15 AM
            • Reply to How to work out buildings sum insured on HMO's
              I would always suggest a surveyor to give you the sum insured for insurance purposes. The calculator in above post is a good free alternative but must be only gives genrally guidance on rebuilding costs. Consequences of over estimating is that you may be overpaying on insurance premium. Consequences...
              17-07-2018, 10:05 AM
            • Shop with flying freehold Buildings Insurance question

              I have a small shop which is part of a bigger residential building. The residential building extends over the full shop. Can anyone recommend how I would get buildings insurance to protect against anything happening in my shop that may affect the property above or to the side? I know...
              12-07-2018, 19:16 PM
            • Reply to Shop with flying freehold Buildings Insurance question
              Most buildings/contents insurance policies will include Property Owners Liability or Public Liability cover. If you are liable for any damage caused to adjacent properties or injury to third parties, this will provide the necessary cover. As always, check the cover is included and look out for any special...
              17-07-2018, 09:30 AM
            • Insurance admin charges
              Just a quick question if anybody could answer please.

              Are my freeholders allowed to charge an administration fee on top of the already extortionate insurance premium? There is nothing in my lease referring to this.

              I have questioned it and they have quoted they want to be transparent...
              12-07-2018, 11:40 AM
            • Reply to Insurance admin charges
              Yes Gordon999 its exactly the same apart from terrorist cover as my lease specifically states that I don't need to insure for this....
              15-07-2018, 12:55 PM
            • Reply to Insurance admin charges
              Is the quote at 850 pds based on "like for like" insured cover as for the 1750 pds quote ?

              If you have quotes for " EXACTLY the same cover" as insured by freeholder , then you can use as evidence at the FTT ?

              Make an application to the FTT for reducing...
              15-07-2018, 12:45 PM
            • Landlord insurance for leasehold property
              The block is already insured by the management company but it seems like we need landlords insurance but only to cover public liability (if the tenant gets injured at the property and decides to claim) and also the ability to rehouse the tenant if the block suffered any damage and became inhabitable....
              11-07-2018, 10:59 AM