Best landlord insurance

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Best landlord insurance

    I am new here and am renting out a property for the first time. And so I am wondering if there is a company that stands out for landlord insurance?
    Any suggestions much appreciated


    Welcome to the forum and good luck with your new venture!

    There is no "best" company as everyone has different requirements and experiences.

    Please visit the LandlordZONE Insurance Directory for some suggestions and maybe compare a few of them to see what works best for you.
    Steve Smith - Company Director at a leading Landlord Insurance broker with 18+ years experience in the industry
    LandlordZONE Verified Poster and Topic Expert for Landlords Insurance since 2009
    See my profile for contact details


      Personally, i went with Endsleigh Insurance, they are listed in the LandlordZONE Insurance Directory. I thought they provided a good deal for me when combined with a 'legal and rent protection' service. Also don't forget about discount sites, I got £45 off my purchase via QuidCo. It's not always the best value going this route, so do your own due diligence.


        I'm glad I've found this tread. I'll check out the Insurance Directory too. Thanks!


        Latest Activity


        • I want advice not information
          Most insurance companies and brokers seem to say that they "provide information about our products and services so that you can make you own decision".

          I don't want this. I want to be able to explain my situation to a firm and for them to say "Right, based on what you have...
          24-09-2018, 17:04 PM
        • Reply to I want advice not information
          Thanks Steve, I wasn't aware that the 'advised' route was available in General Insurance. As an IFA, all my clients receive regulated advice and I like that business model :-)
          25-09-2018, 17:02 PM
        • Other owner not adequately insured.
          Hi there,

          There was a leak from the water heater in a flat that I let, the leak caused some damage to two flats below. The owner of one of the flats is claiming for the damage through her insurance.

          The owner of the other flat has contacted me and told me that she only has...
          24-09-2018, 16:08 PM
        • Reply to Other owner not adequately insured.
          You are only liable for the damage to the flats below if you are negligent.

          Things leak and damage occurs as a consequence.
          You have a duty of care to your neighbours not to allow damage to occur if you can avoid it, not an unlimited liability should something just "happen"....
          25-09-2018, 11:50 AM
        • Reply to I want advice not information
          If you went on to my company's website now, you would enter all your details and then be presented with a selection of quotes with all the information there for you to make your own decision. Sure the quotes will be in price order, but cover will vary and there is no way that our website (or any other...
          25-09-2018, 08:34 AM
        • Reply to Other owner not adequately insured.
          Thank you for your response.

          The water heater in my flat leaked, causing water damage to two flats below. The issue is that one of the owners affected below only has contents insurance so she can’t claim through her insurance, and my insurance won’t deal with her as she can’t claim...
          24-09-2018, 18:33 PM
        • Reply to Other owner not adequately insured.
          Also, it is unusual for building insurance not to be the responsibility of the freeholder.
          24-09-2018, 17:15 PM
        • Reply to Other owner not adequately insured.
          Were you to blame? If so, it will come out of your pocket even if the other person is insured, as their insurer will claim from yours. You do have public liability insurance?

          If you weren't to blame, the neighbour will fail if they try to sue you.
          24-09-2018, 17:11 PM
        • Insurance dispute
          Hi, looking for some advice. We currently have a 1 bed property that the tenants have abandoned. On entering there is a major damp problem which seems to be stemming from one particular point in the wall at just above skirting level. Only pipe behind there is a plastic overflow pipe from the ground...
          10-09-2018, 10:03 AM
        • Reply to Insurance dispute
          'Galley bedroom' is a new one on me! I wouldn't claim for this sort of repair - your premium will only go up and you seem to have identified the problem.
          24-09-2018, 09:00 AM