Best landlord insurance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best landlord insurance

I am new here and am renting out a property for the first time. And so I am wondering if there is a company that stands out for landlord insurance?
    Any suggestions much appreciated

Thanks

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your new venture!

There is no "best" company as everyone has different requirements and experiences.

Please visit the LandlordZONE Insurance Directory for some suggestions and maybe compare a few of them to see what works best for you.
    Steve Smith - Company Director at a leading Landlord Insurance broker with 18+ years experience in the industry
    LandlordZONE Verified Poster and Topic Expert for Landlords Insurance since 2009
    See my profile for contact details

Comment

Personally, i went with Endsleigh Insurance, they are listed in the LandlordZONE Insurance Directory. I thought they provided a good deal for me when combined with a 'legal and rent protection' service. Also don't forget about discount sites, I got £45 off my purchase via QuidCo. It's not always the best value going this route, so do your own due diligence.

Comment

I'm glad I've found this tread. I'll check out the Insurance Directory too. Thanks!

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Public Liability Insurance
          Always Problems
          A large tree which is in my neighbours garden has blown over and landed on the roof of my portacabin causing extensive damage.
          My Portacabin is not insured.
          Am I not wrong in assuming that if my neighbour has his house insured his policy will automatically have Public Liability Insurance...
          15-04-2018, 05:25 AM
        • Reply to Public Liability Insurance
          leaseholder64
          Did you ever warn them that the tree posed a risk to your property? Was that in writing?
          19-04-2018, 16:42 PM
          Always Problems
          I should add the tree is on the opposite bank of a stream (his side) the tree is growing at a 45 degree angle so over the years it started to grow over my fence at an angle. 20 years ago I placed a portacabin at my boundary (when the tree was smaller) now the tree is so large that it has fallen down,...
          19-04-2018, 16:21 PM
        • Best landlord insurance
          Canisius
          I am new here and am renting out a property for the first time. And so I am wondering if there is a company that stands out for landlord insurance?
          Any suggestions much appreciated

Thanks
          19-03-2018, 10:34 AM
        • Reply to Best landlord insurance
          AshT30
          I'm glad I've found this tread. I'll check out the Insurance Directory too. Thanks!
          16-04-2018, 18:02 PM
          jpkeates
          No, you are wrong.
          It's possible, but you can't assume it.

Not that it really matters to you.
          If you have a valid claim (duty of care, negligence and reasonably foreseeable damage), they're liable whether or not they've insured against the likelihood.
          If you don't have...
          16-04-2018, 14:40 PM
          ashburnham
          If this was a healthy tree then the only person at fault is Mother Nature and unfortunately this means you will have to repair the damage yourself.

If you feel the tree was not healthy or there is another reason you believe that your neighbour could have contributed to the falling of the...
          16-04-2018, 08:49 AM
          leaseholder64
          There is no legal requirement for house insurance. I'm not sure that lenders are concerned about public liability insurance. So, whilst it is likely that there is public liability insurance, there may not be.

The existence of such insurance is irrelevant to who is liable, and, as already...
          15-04-2018, 11:38 AM
          AndrewDod
          Was it predictable? Was it an apparently healthy tree or was neighbour (or you) digging around it or trenching (for example).

If it is just one of those things, you are responsible. If you caused it, you may be responsible for sorting out your neighbour's problems as well.
          15-04-2018, 10:49 AM
        • Hotel Insurers
          AnthonyLHD
          Who are the best insurers/ insurance brokers for hotels in London?
          My client has a hotel and has asked me to obtain him some quotes for him
          Thank you...
          08-04-2018, 16:41 PM
        Working...
        X