Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member question (posting deals)

Hi,

I've just joined. I used to be a member of another property forum, years ago, where members could advertise leads and properties.

Question to the Moderator: does LandlordZONE allow for posting deals to other forum members to view?

Thanks in advance

Sunil
    Last edited by Joe; 06-03-2017, 15:37 PM.

Originally posted by Sunil Pancholi View Post
    Hi,
    Question to the Moderator: does Landlord Zone allow for posting deals to other forum members to view?
    I am not replying for, as, or on behalf of the moderators.
    There must be a reason for your request, and I would think it may be classed as advertising ( we never know what members jobs are )

I would object to mass emailing, so would others.
    I would also object to "advertise leads and properties" as we are all capable of finding our own properties.

As this is LandlordZONE, many are already landlords and don't need "leads"
    Advertise leads and properties is not what this forum is for.
    But with respect, leads and properties sounds like you want to advertise, to make a commission ?

If you see a "deal" that may help others, such as government changes in the law, or items that may save a pound or two, people do often post the information.
    But if it's a "Greatest invention to get more rent, pay less capital, join our consortium of 50 people to buy houses" or similar such "no contest"- then forget it, they are a waste of time.

Also, people on here are from all parts of the U.K. so some "ideas" from local firms will not be of interest to 90% of members.
    Last edited by Joe; 06-03-2017, 15:37 PM.

Comment

A good starting point on almost any forum is the forum rules; http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums...hp?do=vsarules

But to clarify this particular situation please read below;

Advertising and/or touting on our forums is not allowed under our terms and conditions of membership.

This includes, but is not limited to –

• Spammed advertisements,
      • Touting for business,
      • Business deals,
      • Market research,
      • User Names relating to your web site business,
      • Telephone numbers, web addresses,
      • E-mail addresses,
      • Offers or requests for accommodation

These may be removed without notice.

Attempting any of the above by use of Private Messaging is likely to lead to an instant ban, especially where there has been no meaningful contribution to open forum discussions.
      I also post as Mars_Mug when not moderating

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Forum Update feedback
        nukecad
        I just thought I would note a couple of issues with todays forum update here:
        • Where has the 'Mark all posts read'/'Mark Forums Read' button gone? (I don't want to have open every thread to remove it from the unread list).
        • Clicking on the 'Go to first new post' next to a thread title is not working
        12-07-2017, 14:53 PM
      • Reply to Forum Update feedback
        nukecad
        I've noticed another glitch with the new forum software.

It's a glitch that I've seen before in vB4, and as I recall there was a patch on the vB website to cure it.

Occasionally when making a post the last word on a line gets posted twice.
        It seems that when the editor...
        16-08-2017, 01:50 AM
      • New Agent business term since I last used them...
        Landlord1206
        Hello, I finally need to change my tenant after a number of years. When I used an Agent to find this tenant there was a new addition to their general terms, namely the renewal fee element. If the tenant renewed after the original term ended the Agent would take a further fee.
        At that time. It...
        13-08-2017, 17:27 PM
      • Reply to New Agent business term since I last used them...
        tatemono
        It's a buyer's market for LAs so shop around if the one you're thinking of using is insisting on it. Personally, I don't work with agents who charge anything substantial for this because it almost always results in them pocketing money for doing virtually nothing.

Also, consider whether...
        14-08-2017, 21:13 PM
      • New forum screen.
        jta
        I know I'm not around very much these days, ( due to illness) but why is there no 'next post' button or even a 'back to top' button' nowadays?
        Forgive me if I've missed them but I have looked.
        27-07-2017, 18:28 PM
      • Reply to New forum screen.
        JK0
        Even the 'New Topics button seems to be slightly faulty. If I have replied to a thread, and then others have chimed in, I will still just see the number of replies up to mine in the list, and the title remains in 'non-bold' type....
        14-08-2017, 16:22 PM
        jpkeates
        Then don't agree to the fee.
        If the agent doesn't do anything, they probably aren't allowed to charge a fee anyway.
        14-08-2017, 13:47 PM
        Landlord1206
        Thank you for the reply.. To clarify, I manage the propertymyself and only use the Agent at initial stages, to find and vet prospective tenants. Of course they are rewarded as per our agreement then. A year on if tenant wishes to stay longer, extend their tenancy, the agent does no work for me and therefore...
        14-08-2017, 11:27 AM
        jpkeates
        The agent is allowed to charge for the services they provide (and you need them to make money to provide you with the service that they want).

Your commercial agreement is up to you to agree - the agreement that was found to be unfair was one that gave the agent a (large) fee if the property...
        14-08-2017, 09:18 AM
      • Reply to New forum screen.
        jpkeates
        Thanks, the missing trick was clicking on the message title to see the thread of messages back and forward.
        14-08-2017, 09:16 AM
      Working...
      X