X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mind the gap
    replied
    Sadly I've been unable to contact him. jta???

Leave a comment:

• DNM2012
    replied
    Originally posted by mind the gap View Post
    I shall try to contact him by more conventional means than just a feeling in my waters and let you know, if possible, what became of him.
    Yes please do, I emailed him at an address I had for him but got no reply.
    Hope he's well, his advice really helped me out.

Leave a comment:

• mind the gap
    replied
    Is it my imagination or did this thread disappear for a while then come back again?

Perhaps I am going mad.

Leave a comment:

• mind the gap
    replied
    I shall try to contact him by more conventional means than just a feeling in my waters and let you know, if possible, what became of him.

Leave a comment:

• JK0
    replied
    Yes, I am wondering what happened to LHA also. He mentioned he was going in for knee surgery last year. I had a bad feeling about that, as from what he told us, he was rather a big bloke, though only the same age as me.

Leave a comment:

• andybenw
    replied
    When I first lurked at this site seeking leasehold/freehold queries Jeffrey and (I think off the top of my head) Richard who also seems gone were the standout posters in that field.

Leaseholderanswers was the holder of that mantle when I joined, he not only provided legal answers/opinions but also provided some robust common sense solutions. Does anyone know if something has happened to him, and is he ok?

Leave a comment:

• mind the gap
    replied
    Quite. He chose to leave; he acted of his own free will. Nobody chased him anywhere. Some of us know the reason he decided to go and it was nothing to do with the actions of other members. Jeffrey had a hide like a rhinoceros and an unshakeable conviction that he was right. Rest assured, he would not have gone anywhere unless he wanted to.

Leave a comment:

• andybenw
    replied
    I have found some of Jeffrey's posts very useful. However looking at his most recent activity in 2011 there appears nothing to suggest he was chased from this site.

Leave a comment:

• islandgirl
    replied
    I don't know exactly why he left but I miss Jeffrey very much

Leave a comment:

• Granger
    replied
    Originally posted by andybenw View Post
    When your thread is conceived to attack a minority, (in this case on BTL flat owners), then really you should be expecting vigorous responses. A thicker skin is perhaps required.
    I think someone wrongly assumed that I was some sort of landlord or freeholder trying to rake some money in for my personal benefit. Nothing to do with needing a thicker skin.
    A few years back a legally qualified poster 'Jeffrey' was chased from this site and some said he needed a thicker skin. In his case he was the sole reason that many came to the forum for his legal knowledge. This forum has never recovered from the loss.

Leave a comment:

• andybenw
    replied
    Originally posted by Granger View Post
    I'm a very infrequent poster here, but in the recent long lease thread I received some rather aggresive attacking from two members. When one of them started a related thread I was pounced on yet again. (How to deal with damage caused in blocks with a frequent (BtL) tenant turn-over.)
    You try to ignore the stupid remarks but what should be a proper discussion simply gets destroyed.
    When your thread is conceived to attack a minority, (in this case on BTL flat owners), then really you should be expecting vigorous responses. A thicker skin is perhaps required.

Leave a comment:

• Granger
    replied
    That was not a complaint about the individuals but an observation that it's so easy for posters to drop into attack mode particularly if they feel their own long held views are being challenged. The result is a thread of little use to anyone.

Leave a comment:

• Granger
    replied
    I'm a very infrequent poster here, but in the recent long lease thread I received some rather aggresive attacking from two members. When one of them started a related thread I was pounced on yet again. (How to deal with damage caused in blocks with a frequent (BtL) tenant turn-over.)
    You try to ignore the stupid remarks but what should be a proper discussion simply gets destroyed.

Leave a comment:

• Moderator2
    replied
    Originally posted by Ericthelobster View Post
    So are these individuals already aware of who they are (ie, you've specifically PM'ed about their behaviour?)
    I have sent PMs to the individuals over recent months, but not since posting this thread. The intention is that what I have posted here applies from this point forward, and there should be no need to me to spell out to people who it is that needs to reign-in their responses, what I have posted is for the consideration of everyone. I'm pretty sure that the people involved will know who they are, and I'm giving them a chance to think about how they post in future so that there's no need for me to contact them again.

Leave a comment:

• jpkeates
    replied
    Originally posted by jpkeates View Post
    I think I have had a post deleted - but not received any message or other warning.
    I can access the post in my profile, but it's not visible in the forum.

Obviously sorry if I have broken the rules, but the post wasn't intended to be aggressive, dismissive or rude.
    OK Its back - maybe just a glitch in the matrix...

Leave a comment:

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X