This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by andybenw View Post
    When your thread is conceived to attack a minority, (in this case on BTL flat owners), then really you should be expecting vigorous responses. A thicker skin is perhaps required.
    I think someone wrongly assumed that I was some sort of landlord or freeholder trying to rake some money in for my personal benefit. Nothing to do with needing a thicker skin.
    A few years back a legally qualified poster 'Jeffrey' was chased from this site and some said he needed a thicker skin. In his case he was the sole reason that many came to the forum for his legal knowledge. This forum has never recovered from the loss.

Comment

I don't know exactly why he left but I miss Jeffrey very much
      Unshackled by the chains of idle vanity, A modest manatee, that's me

Comment

I have found some of Jeffrey's posts very useful. However looking at his most recent activity in 2011 there appears nothing to suggest he was chased from this site.

Comment

Quite. He chose to leave; he acted of his own free will. Nobody chased him anywhere. Some of us know the reason he decided to go and it was nothing to do with the actions of other members. Jeffrey had a hide like a rhinoceros and an unshakeable conviction that he was right. Rest assured, he would not have gone anywhere unless he wanted to.
          'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

When I first lurked at this site seeking leasehold/freehold queries Jeffrey and (I think off the top of my head) Richard who also seems gone were the standout posters in that field.

Leaseholderanswers was the holder of that mantle when I joined, he not only provided legal answers/opinions but also provided some robust common sense solutions. Does anyone know if something has happened to him, and is he ok?

Comment

Yes, I am wondering what happened to LHA also. He mentioned he was going in for knee surgery last year. I had a bad feeling about that, as from what he told us, he was rather a big bloke, though only the same age as me.

Comment

I shall try to contact him by more conventional means than just a feeling in my waters and let you know, if possible, what became of him.
                'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

Is it my imagination or did this thread disappear for a while then come back again?

Perhaps I am going mad.

Comment

Originally posted by mind the gap View Post
                    I shall try to contact him by more conventional means than just a feeling in my waters and let you know, if possible, what became of him.
                    Yes please do, I emailed him at an address I had for him but got no reply.
                    Hope he's well, his advice really helped me out.

Comment

Sadly I've been unable to contact him. jta???

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                      X