This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This Forum's purpose- please do not misuse

This "Users" Forum is now available for all LZ members to use.

However, it will be more severly moderated than the others. It is only intended for users to post about (and to discuss) forum use and technical aspects of LandlordZONE as a whole.

Any non-compliant material will be deleted or moved elsewhere without notice.

Editor/Moderator-originated posts will be 'sticky' (given precedence on the newest page of the threads listing).

Moderating posts in this Forum

New threads by many inexperienced LandlordZONE members are often mistakenly posted in How to Use these Forums.

To avoid the need for corrective posts asking that they be re-submitted to the correct Forum, a new procedure is now in operation. All posts here, no matter from whom, will be Moderated. They will not appear on screen unless and until approved by LZ. This procedure has been modelled on other larger websites (for example, those of the BBC) and will, it is hoped, ensure that new threads are correctly placed.

This procedure applies only to How to Use these Forums.

Comment

As of today, this Forum's title has been amended to include "and suggestions for improvements".
      These are welcome, but
      - only constructive and serious suggestions are to be made
      - anything not directly relevant will be deleted
      - all posts on this Forum will be continue to be pre-moderated (see post #2) before appearing.

Comment

Originally posted by Moderator View Post
        As of today, this Forum's title has been amended to include "and suggestions for improvements".
        These are welcome, but
        - only constructive and serious suggestions are to be made
        - anything not directly relevant will be deleted
        - all posts on this Forum will be continue to be pre-moderated (see post #2) before appearing.
        Please bring back the original, friendly little 'rolleyes' emoticon. In fact, I would like to suggest that LLZ bins the current set of feeble-looking emoticons which are virtually indistinguishable from one another. Other forums have much better ones - we need to compete!
        'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

Originally posted by mind the gap View Post
          Please bring back the original, friendly little 'rolleyes' emoticon. In fact, I would like to suggest that LLZ bins the current set of feeble-looking emoticons which are virtually indistinguishable from one another. Other forums have much better ones - we need to compete!
          Wow! Am I a prophet or what!?

Loving the new emoticons...cheers!
          'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Issue with site
            EssCee
            Whenever i add a hyperlink to my messages the messages are sent empty. I have tried this on a PC browser, phone browser (Chrome and Edge) and all have the same issue. No error message returned or asn't indication of what i could be doing wrong.

Please could someone advise as this was working...
            16-05-2018, 12:46 PM
          • Reply to Issue with site
            nukecad
            That's a good offer by moderator2.

Personally, where I moderate I also have email notification of moderated posts turned off.
            There are just too many, which would swamp your email inbox.

I do check everyday there by logging into the moderator control panel and looking...
            18-05-2018, 03:27 AM
            Moderator2
            If people see a message that their post has been sent for moderation then please send me a PM and I will then receive an email notification. I do not receive notifications of moderated posts automatically, and would not want to since many moderated posts really are spam. Remember that the action to...
            17-05-2018, 12:31 PM
            EssCee
            I've used and written systems to detect spam, it is possible to make systems user friendly without compromising the security model. Though no system is 100% secure there is a level of tolerance
            17-05-2018, 10:06 AM
            leaseholder64
            It would also allow spammers to take appropriate measures and amend accordingly.
            17-05-2018, 08:59 AM
            EssCee
            Strangely late yesterday, it's working fine. I completely understand that strictness and security required however giving reasons why it occurs in the first place would allow genuine users to amend accordingly and take appropriate measures.
            17-05-2018, 07:28 AM
            nukecad
            Moderation can be - should be - even stricter on PM's than on public posts.

Again I won't go into it because I don't want to give any amateurs ideas, but there are very good reasons why this should be.

PS. I just had a post moderated, like I say happens to us all.
            17-05-2018, 06:25 AM
            EssCee
            No not with forum threads. I've come across this issue when sending a personal message....
            16-05-2018, 13:11 PM
            nukecad
            Do you mean that when you add a link the post is accepted when you 'Post Reply' but is not shown on the forum?

If yes, then it has been sent by the automatic anti-spam filters for moderation (approval by a moderator) before it will be shown.
            It happens to us all now and again, and...
            16-05-2018, 13:04 PM
          Working...
          X