This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LandlordZONE's red triangle: reporting posts to Editor

Editor: can't you instigate a simple "report this post as inappropriate" button, like most forums have?

Originally posted by Ericthelobster View Post
    Editor: can't you instigate a simple "report this post as inappropriate" button, like most forums have?
    LZ already has red triangle with a '!' in it.
    JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
    1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
    2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
    3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
    4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

Originally posted by jeffrey View Post
      LZ already has red triangle with a '!' in it.
      Ooh, so it does! duh...

Comment

How to report spam on LZ

How does one report spam or other issue?

I have searched this site everywhere and have not found any 'contact us" or 'report..." anywhere.

Comment

Press the little red triangle with the exclamation mark in it on the top right of the guilty post.

Comment

I don't have any red triangles at the top of any posts.

Comment

Try looking at the very bottom of the page in the blue strip - it clearly says "contact us": that's what I use.

P.P.
              Any information given in this post is based on my personal experience as a landlord, what I have learned from this and other boards and elsewhere. It is not to be relied on. Definitive advice is only available from a Solicitor or other appropriately qualified person.

Comment

No triangles anywhere.

Contact us was not showing when I was reading the posts, but now that I am posting a reply, the contact us link has just appeared at the bottom of the page, on the right hand side and first in the list of links.

I am using Firefox.
                Don''t have access to another browser unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by HairyLandlord View Post
                  No triangles anywhere.

I am using Firefox.
                  I'm using Firefox 3.5.7, the triangle appears for me.

Comment

Oh, the triangles have now appeared.

Strange!

Maybe a refresh issue?

Comment

Originally posted by HairyLandlord View Post
                      Oh, the triangles have now appeared.

Strange!
                      if you are not logged in, ---- no triangles ( can't report post if you are not logged in ! ) Triangles appear only when logged on with your I.D.

Don't want the worlds population ( 6.7 billion ) unregistered people posting when not members !

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Unite to change landlord rights
                        Time for change
                        Hi all. I have read so many things about landlords suffering at the hands of tenants, and how the system stinks,yet I haven't managed to come across anything where we are fighting back. I myself have suffered some nightmare tenants, and imagine it only to get worse. So could we not all stand together...
                        25-01-2018, 23:35 PM
                      • Reply to Unite to change landlord rights
                        Time for change
                        It just appears to me that decent tenants and decent landlords get screwed over. Yet anyone who is a nightmare seems to get away with it. Where is the middle ground. I get what you are saying, MPs are useless,and the system is only interested in getting more money for themselves,but surely thing's only...
                        27-01-2018, 00:02 AM
                      • Buy to let landlord sub-letting to his own Limited company
                        Autumnleaf
                        Hi,

I need some advice regarding my friend who is a buy to let landlord having 4 properties in UK. He wants to sub-let to his own Limited company which he is planning to set up. Is this possible? What are the pros and cons to this? Please can someone share some knowledge on this? ...
                        26-01-2018, 16:23 PM
                      • Reply to Buy to let landlord sub-letting to his own Limited company
                        Autumnleaf
                        He is too busy with his work so relies on me to get the answers...
                        26-01-2018, 16:27 PM
                      • Reply to Buy to let landlord sub-letting to his own Limited company
                        theartfullodger
                        Are you his financial adviser, solicitor, letting agent? Why can't/won't he ask this simple question himself?
                        26-01-2018, 16:25 PM
                        Icike
                        Being a Landlord is on par with being a social pariah, I hardly ever mention to anyone that I own a second property that I let.
                        Make sure you understand the laws and regulations to protect yourself, find a good support group and ideally try to get accredited. It's quite cheap nowdays and it's...
                        26-01-2018, 09:11 AM
                        AndrewDod
                        Because muddy water is best left to clear by leaving it alone. And because you can't fight idiots who don't care about facts and about evidence.

Don't argue for landlords- argue for tenants - for the right of decent civilised tenants to be able to find cost-effective flexible accommodation...
                        26-01-2018, 02:06 AM
                      • Overzealous spam control
                        KTC
                        Wrote a post response with a link to an old thread within this forum and posted fine. Realised I linked to the thread rather than the specific post, so edited and corrected the link by removing the existing and reinserting the correct link. So still just the one link, and it's a link to another forum...
                        15-01-2018, 23:21 PM
                      • Reply to Overzealous spam control
                        KTC
                        Of course I don't blame the moderators. I posted here partly to vent sure, but also partly to see if the admin / operator of the forum can either relax it a bit or put in more fine grain spam control to not catch innocent posts while still keeping the spam out.
                        20-01-2018, 00:08 AM
                      Working...
                      X