This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LandlordZONE- England & Wales

LandlordZONE chiefly serves England & Wales. Its members are almost all based there. For that reason, it can rarely assist with legal questions arising under other legal systems.

The law in E&W is a single system, subject only to variations caused by:
    - Welsh language alternatives forms
    - devolved legislation ("Measures") originating with the Welsh Assembly
    - Statutory Instruments (pre/post-devolution), sometimes setting different commencement dates for E&W legislation in and Wales.

Both Scotland and Northern Ireland have radically different legal systems (and nomenclature- e.g. 'claimant' [previously 'plaintiff'] in E&W is 'pursuer' in Scotland), except that tax/company law is usually the same as in E&W.

NOTES:
    England & Wales is one unit ('domicile')
    England & Wales + Scotland = Great Britain
    Great Britain + Northern Ireland = United Kingdom

HM The Queen is sovereign of the Crown dominions off the coast (Jersey, Guernsey, and Isle of Man). These also have their own legal systems and are not part of the UK, but their external relations and defence are covered by the UK.

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Landlord zone hacked?
    by Berlingogirl
    I usually use chrome as my search engine and this morning when I went into forums it came up as hacked with a demand for a large amount of bitcoins. I'm using another browser and it seems ok? Has anyone else had this problem?
    29-06-2020, 08:51 AM
  • Reply to Landlord zone hacked?
    by Moderator2
    The ‘phishing’ attempt was just that, thanks nukecad.

The server was down yesterday for some corrective action, which came about unexpectedly and was unavoidable.

I believe all is well now, but we would appreciate it if people could send me a PM if issues like that arise...
    03-07-2020, 17:54 PM
    by nukecad
    AdwCleaner removes Adware (and manufacturer pre-installed bloatware) , it doesn't realy detect/remove malware as such.

Malwarebytes4 itself is for protection against malware (Viruses, exploits, ransomware,web protection).
    https://www.malwarebytes.com/for-home/products/
    the FREE...
    01-07-2020, 09:14 AM
    by jpkeates
    The whole forum stopped working for me yesterday evening - couldn't even log in.
    Spent a bit of time trying to remember if I'd posted anything inflammatory...
    01-07-2020, 08:12 AM
    by 45002
    My post on 30-06-2020, 17:14 keeps vanishing, but is now back and read PM,s keep popping back as Not read ?
    30-06-2020, 16:59 PM
    by 45002
    Scan your pc, after viewing a hacked website with this free programme

https://www.malwarebytes.com/adwcleaner/

Just to be on the safe side......
    30-06-2020, 16:14 PM
    by Kape65
    How can you change the main page without access to the server? And if you have access to the server what else can you do? I still can't access the forums from the main page.
    29-06-2020, 16:06 PM
    by nukecad
    Phishing is nothing realy to bother about, it isn't going to affect your computer in any way.

Millions of phishing emails are sent out every day - it's basically just an empty threat/ransom note hoping that someone doesn't know about them, so will get scared and pay what they are asking....
    29-06-2020, 14:33 PM
    by Kape65
    I have the same problem using IE. After a similar problem last year I link straight to the forums now, however that bookmark now directs me to the search page. The last time it happened their was no official response and obviously no increase in the security.
    29-06-2020, 11:00 AM
  • Reply to Phishing attempt.
    by jpkeates
    Unless someone's injecting something into the site configuration.
    Or the result of all that search text contains a redirect somewhere else.

I agree that an error demanding bitcoin would be remarkable!
    29-06-2020, 10:56 AM
Working...
X