This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple threads by same member

Do not start a new thread if you merely wish to continue a previous discussion or report on subsequent developments. New members are often responsible for doing this. It can cause unnecessary confusion (quite apart from losing the connection with facts previously established or legal points previously explained).

Equally, whilst I would encourage posters to ask all their questions on a single tenancy in one thread and at the same time, merging threads on different points concerning the same tenancy can be counter-productive.

Comment

I think the second part of your post contradicts the first, or do you consider ‘questions’ and ‘points’ to be different things?

I don’t always merge related threads, but that’s not going to be obvious since you will not notice inaction. I do consider the value in merging before I do the deed, and typically it will be because I am seeing questions asked in later threads that have answers in earlier threads.
      I also post as Mars_Mug when not moderating

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Best way to search forums
        by kennyj52
        I've been using the forums for a couple of years now and have always found them interesting and informative as well as often very helpful. I usually search for answers to my questions in existing threads, however there doesn't appear to be a quick and easy way of doing this, so I end up scanning through...
        01-05-2020, 12:11 PM
      • Reply to Best way to search forums
        by Moderator2
        Please avoid posting in threads more than 6 months old, and even then post only if you have something of significant value to add. Old threads can contain legally out of date advice.
        03-05-2020, 12:15 PM
      • Reply to Best way to search forums
        by jpkeates
        Use google.
        [list of search terms] site:forums.landlordzone.co.uk
        01-05-2020, 12:38 PM
      • Reply to Define trolling
        by scot22
        Thanks moderators I appreciate the clarity and the factors you consider ( very reasonable )
        Its a shame that people who are courteous and knowledgeable such as Lawcruncher should suffer abuse.
        26-04-2020, 16:10 PM
      • Define trolling
        by scot22
        I was recently, quite rightly, criticised by the moderator for trying to exceed my role on the forum. The moderation was fair, reasonable and balanced. I was disappointed to be labelled a troll. Something I've always associated with foul and aggressive internet use. I've always tried to promote...
        20-04-2020, 16:26 PM
        by Lawcruncher
        If you are referring to House Price Crash Forum I have had some run-ins there as well....
        25-04-2020, 10:46 AM
        by boletus
        Pretty shoddy treatment indeed but try posting about the possibility of a house price rise on the anti-landlord website you're a member of.
        25-04-2020, 10:34 AM
        by Moderator2
        I pretty much go with the definition that Mrs Mug posted above, so when I see someone accusing another forum member of ‘trolling’ then that is likely to attract my attention in a negative way for the person making the accusation.

If I see a new member posting such an accusation openly...
        24-04-2020, 11:50 AM
        by scot22
        Thanks. Perhaps criticising some of the manner of expression used could be defined as off-topic. In that case, guilty, but I don't accept I've done any else.
        wanting to be clear. I understand how challenging a mother's job can be. I did plenty in my professional life. I appreciate I exceeded...
        21-04-2020, 08:37 AM
      Working...
      X