Posts now require approval ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tick the 'unapproved box' on top left - then moderators can check it & make it live.

Comment

Over the last few weeks the number of unapproved posts has fallen to roughly 1 or 2 per day, in some cases I see I believe the forum software my be reacting correctly e.g. someone of very low post count posting several quoted replies in a very short period of time. There also seems to be a relationship to spam posts, when these are blocked correctly, subsequent legitimate posts in the same thread shortly afterwards are also blocked.

Over the last couple of days I’ve seen a rise to an average of 10 blocked posts per day, a couple of months ago we were hitting over 50 per day, and as I stated above up until yesterday the average was 1 or 2 per day, with some days none at all.

I can understand that the perception of anyone seeing their posts as blocked might be that it’s a big problem, but the problem does appear to have eased substantially.

The forum software has been checked, no specific issues were found, but a move to a different server seems to have possibly helped.
      I also post as Mars_Mug when not moderating

Comment

Another 10 between about 13:45 and 14:45, affecting three individuals, bringing the total today up to about 20. Still seems to last about an hour or so, and I wonder if it might be related to general ISP issues e.g. a DoS attack on the ISP.

The forum admin have taken steps to try to resolve this, but it's difficult to pinpoint, and help from the software providers has been scant.
        I also post as Mars_Mug when not moderating

Comment

Umm, it seemed OK for while, but my last couple of posts all required Mod approval again

Comment

I've given up. Time to take a break.

Comment

Tick the 'unapproved box' on top left - then moderators can check it & make it live.

By ticking the box does one get VIP approval ? rather than just the nornal Mod approval, that would commonly be given in the normal course of business ??

Comment

Just had a post need approval (very rare for me personally).
                Tried twice (sorry moderator(s)).

Off elsewhere for a bit.
                When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
                Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                X