Posts now require approval ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OMG, this is stupid. Please please please get this fixed.
    I am not a lawyer, nor am I licensed to provide any regulated advice. None of my posts should be treated as legal or financial advice.

I do not answer questions through private messages which should be posted publicly on the forum.

Comment

I think that this issue is starting to affect the basic utility of the forum.
      I don't know how valuable the forum is to the site or its owners, so I don't know how much of an issue that is.

But the people becoming frustrated by the problem are some of the most active users with the most valuable input and, if they move on, there's not going to be much of a useful forum left.
      When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
      Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Originally posted by flyingfreehold View Post
        Ive had the same issue when going back to correct typos.
        Me too. If you preview your post , then cancel and amend some typing it then flags as unapproved when you try to post. It may be a bug.

Comment

My replies and subsequent edits now also require approval, I can't see that I have done anything bad ...

Comment

I think I know why there's a problem:

Originally posted by JK0 View Post
            Ha. Ain't you guys worked it out? Posts go through a left leaning algorithm before they are published. Hence JPKeates, Artfullodger, & co have no problem at all, whereas mine are all but shadow-banned.
            BTW, this was posted at 1355 on 1/12/21. See how long it takes to appear.
            To save them chiming in, JPKeates, Theartfullodger, Boletus, Mindthegap, Macromia, Holy Cow & Ted.E.Bear think the opposite of me on almost every subject.

Comment

I can actually see unapproved posts now (or at least I could yesterday), it still says unapproved at the bottom.

And I don't mean just my own that get moderated, I mean posts made by others that got moderated.

I know that this can be done in the forum software (on a group-by-group basis). Has anyone else noticed that change?

Comment

Originally posted by nukecad View Post
                I know that this can be done in the forum software (on a group-by-group basis). Has anyone else noticed that change?
                Just posted a single sentence in the unusual news story thread that has been marked as unapproved.

Contains no swearing or unusual words or links.

I've just posted something else quickly in another thread to see if it's a user/usage thing, but it doesn't seem to be.

When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
                Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Pretty much every one of my posts are unapproved. This has really been going on a long time - surely the spam facility on the forum can be switched off completely or applied only to people with less than 10 posts -- because at the moment it is worse that nothing - below represents 10 minutes of my life trying to help someone. Example

Clipboard.png

Comment

And even the above was unapproved

Comment

Originally posted by jpkeates View Post
                      Just posted a single sentence in the unusual news story thread that has been marked as unapproved.

Contains no swearing or unusual words or links.

I've just posted something else quickly in another thread to see if it's a user/usage thing, but it doesn't seem to be.
                      I take it you weren't quoting me though? That'll do it.
                      To save them chiming in, JPKeates, Theartfullodger, Boletus, Mindthegap, Macromia, Holy Cow & Ted.E.Bear think the opposite of me on almost every subject.

Comment

This is just getting silly. I'm starting to get completely demotivated to do anything on this forum. Surely this faulty spam detector can be switched off......

Comment

Originally posted by AndrewDod View Post
                          This is just getting silly. I'm starting to get completely demotivated to do anything on this forum. Surely this faulty spam detector can be switched off......
                          It's really odd - as far as I can tell, it's only happened to me twice in the entire time people are complaining (once last week).

I post quite a lot, I post links quite a lot and I edit what I post (not too many times per post) quite a lot.
                          So I suspect it's not something based purely on content or specific activity in the forum

I wonder if it's a combination of that plus some external factor, like IP address or location (maybe plus content and activity)?
                          Maybe I should VPN via Macedonia and see if that makes me look more spammy.

This is the sixth edit, with links added and deleted routing through the Czech Republic, and it's been fine.

I know that it being fine for me doesn't help anyone else, I'm just seeing if anyone can work out what's triggering the filters.

Comment

It's been worse since the site security was moved to an external provider.
                            (I could see at the time why that was done).

I don't know what has happened since, but it's obviously taking too long to get the settings right. (I believe the supplier is probably focused on higher trafic sites than here).

That's speculation. (But from experience).

Comment

Several unapproved today.

People are giving up on the forum and ive had enough.

Bye
                              My views are my own - you may not agree with them. I tend say things as I see them and I don't do "political correctness". Just because we may not agree you can still buy me a pint lol

Comment

The issue has been reported a few times now, and it seemed to clear up for a couple of days, but it looks like it's still there.

I am not a forum admin, though I do have a small number of admin privelages neccessary for moderating tasks, I have no visibility of what could be the cause and no ability to make admin type changes.

I believe all 'reported post' messages are viewed only be me, since until recently the notification count was around 4000, it took me nearly an hour to clear that lot down at 20 per time, something an admin could do with a simple instruction.

So, a number of reported post messages that I have seen recently do a good job of getting the message across to me, but that's as far as they go, I simply do as messages request but don't do anything with them otherwise.

If you want to make a point to the forum owners I suggest you use the LLZ contact details, state the issue and the effect in a polite way and you may help to escalate the issue.

I don't work for LLZ, I'm a volunteer, so my contacts are limited though quite senior within the company. Like I say I have passed information on and have been told that it is being investigated, but I've not seen any updates on the situation yet.

Regards,

Andy
                                I also post as Mars_Mug when not moderating

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                                X