Deposit - New Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deposit - New Forum

There seems to be a number of posting in regards to Deposits, maybe have a new forum dedicated to this area?

Any update regarding this, as seems there are a lot more topics on deposit's lately.

Comment

I would say that we perhaps have too many forums.

If we were to create a ‘Deposit’ forum then an issue with that is anyone searching for previous advice would see all such posts in the Residential Lettings forum and so would be inclined to post there, unless we try to move all historic deposit questions to the new forum, which would be a mammoth task.

We also frequently have the situation that people look at the forum index stats, and see that Residential Lettings appears to be the most active, they do not realise that posts in any forum tend to get roughly the same number of views and replies. It is therefor a daily task for me to move Tax / Leasehold / Commercial / Letting Agent related threads out of Residential Lettings and into the appropriate forums.

So, while I understand your reasoning, and don’t totally disagree, I think we will still be stuck with many people who will post deposit threads in the Residential Lettings forum like it’s the only place where they will get a quick reply.
      I also post as Mars_Mug when not moderating

Comment

It might help if the Residential Lettings forum indicated that it was for English or English/Welsh letting questions.
        When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
        Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X