Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why are my posts needing to be approved

Unable to post on the forum properly

It's probably a feature of the code used to host the forum.

If you post a lot of links or make several edits to a post, the forum automatically marks the post as spam (or needing review) and it needs a moderator to unlock it.
    When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
    Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

As said it's the forum automatic spam filters.

Without giving too many moderation/filter secrets away:
      I'll guess that the ones that went to moderation were the 3 that you have made with a link in them.
      That may/will continue to happen until your 'posts made' count is higher.
      On many fora users with less than 10 posts have all posts with links moderated, sometime that limit is set higher.

If/when it happens again just use the 'Flag' button at the bottom of the moderated post and ask for it to be approved.
      We have been advised that using the 'Flag' button is the quickest way to bring it to the moderators attention.

PS. My post count is over 2,000 and it happens occasionally that my posts get moderated if I add multiple links, or sometimes if I edit one.
      I just use the flag button to bring it to the moderators attention and it's usually approved within a day.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
      X