X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Locked out again at 16:40 today.

Comment

Locked out again, 15:25 Sat 06 Feb.

PS. I'll keep posting these, either until it stops or until I get fed up.

(I suggest others post their lockouts as well. The more complaints made the higher a fix gets on the priority list.)

Comment

Locked out again. 14:50 Friday 12/02/2021

Comment

There must be something specific causing this.
          I use these forums all the time and it's only ever happened once, when I tried (several months ago) to log in from a iPad I hadn't used for months.

I never log out, never get logged out and never get locked out.
          And, for some people, it seems to happen all the time.
          When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
          Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

It's only happening since the security provision here was changed last year following the pish/hack.

Moderator2 noted in post #24 that "The issue has been looked into, and there isn’t a resolution yet,"

Moderator2

I believe that I've now actually found the problem and the solution on the security providers website.

It can happen because Sucuri use a reverse proxy firewall, which old vBulletin versions can't handle as standard.

All it needs to stop it happening is for a forum owner/admin to make a simple change to one line of a .php file, see this troubleshooting article at Sucuri:
            https://docs.sucuri.net/website-fire...ustomizations/

Comment

I'll pass the message on thanks.

By the way in thread '@' notifications don't work for me because I have over 2600 notifications in the backlog (mostly posts pending approval).
              I also post as Mars_Mug when not moderating

Comment

Originally posted by Moderator2 View Post
                By the way in thread '@' notifications don't work for me because I have over 2600 notifications in the backlog (mostly posts pending approval).
                LOL, sounds like time for some drastic housekeeping of posts awaiting moderation in the Mods CP?
                Mostly spam/COPPA I suspect.

Comment

I can delete 25 at a time, but they soon build up again anyway.

Comment

I'm familiar with the problem, I've got a raft of 30+ moderated 'Write your Essay' posted this morning on one of the fora I mod.

Luckily most are the same username, obviously a bot, so I can delete those all at once and ban the user by using 'Delete post as spam' from the inline mod options.
                    (Only works if there are less than 50 posts by that user though, so you have to catch them before they get to 50).

Comment

Another firewall issue.
                      I'm not able to access one thread in the Residential Letting Questions sub forum - disrepair in the property falling under s.11 Landlord and Tenant Act

Message in image
                      When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
                      Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

jpkeates It is (was) a badly formatted post which looks like pasted in text, where there was practically one word per line, and what looked like some personal information in there. I’ve deleted it and informed the OP.

Comment

Originally posted by Moderator2 View Post
                          jpkeates It is (was) a badly formatted post which looks like pasted in text, where there was practically one word per line, and what looked like some personal information in there. I’ve deleted it and informed the OP.
                          Thank you.

It did seem odd that I wasn't able to access one particular post.
                          The firewall doing its job, from the sound of it.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                          X