Best way to search forums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best way to search forums

I've been using the forums for a couple of years now and have always found them interesting and informative as well as often very helpful. I usually search for answers to my questions in existing threads, however there doesn't appear to be a quick and easy way of doing this, so I end up scanning through the topic headings looking for likely ones but this can be very time consuming. The search facility only appears to work in an "or" mode for words, so it's hard to filter down through all the threads. Any advice on how to search through forums more efficiently would be therefore be welcome.

Use google.
    [list of search terms] site:forums.landlordzone.co.uk
    When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
    Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Please avoid posting in threads more than 6 months old, and even then post only if you have something of significant value to add. Old threads can contain legally out of date advice.
      I also post as Mars_Mug when not moderating

Comment

Thank you jpkeates - that works well.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• New topic remains unapproved since several days
          by Bunni1990
          Hi, I creates a new topic several days ago but it remains unapproved.

Could someone please let me know if there is a procedure to get it approved or is it ok if I repost it? Thank you...
          04-08-2020, 13:05 PM
        • Reply to New topic remains unapproved since several days
          by nukecad
          We are told that if you use the 'flag' button and ask for the post to be approved that is the best/quickest way to bring it to a moderators attention.

It's worked for me a few times now, when the filters get overzealous.
          04-08-2020, 15:40 PM
        • Reply to New account
          by nukecad
          I was frozen out of LLZ forum again at 11:35 this morning, same failed login message.

The 'Failed Login Notification' email is still showing the failed logins as originating from the same IP - which belongs to the forum security provider.

Moderator2
          Could you ask the...
          01-08-2020, 13:20 PM
        • New account
          by HantsAgent2
          I doubt anyone cares, but in the interest of not looking like I'm doing anything untoward, I have had to create a second account in this name.

I was formerly using the moniker HantsAgent, but I somehow managed to lock myself out of it and the email account attached to it is one I no longer...
          15-07-2020, 14:06 PM
        • Reply to New account
          by nukecad
          Try attempting to log in more than five times in a short while.

That should send an email to the adress registered to your account.

Of course uf you have changed your email since then all bets are off....
          26-07-2020, 15:36 PM
        • Reply to New account
          by 45002
          No Emails ...
          26-07-2020, 15:26 PM
        • Thread closed
          by Lawcruncher
          I am puzzled why this thread has been closed. Is it a mistake?
          22-07-2020, 09:21 AM
        • Reply to Thread closed
          by Lawcruncher
          The thread in question has now been made available again as it has been established that there was a misunderstanding.
          24-07-2020, 07:54 AM
        • Reply to New account
          by nukecad
          Behaving itself here - for now.

Are you getting an email about failed login attempts?

If so does it say that they are originating from IP address: 185.93.228.14...
          24-07-2020, 00:50 AM
        • Reply to Thread closed
          by 45002
          It's a common problem I see on forums, people posting only to delete their posts later or asking admin to delete a whole thread.

I find it very rude and really annoying when people go on a forum for advice, only to delete their posts later on
          24-07-2020, 00:44 AM
        Working...
        X